CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 10-17-2006, 03:36 PM   #11
Brendan Sonnichsen

Profile:
If I ever find myself leaning up against a waist height surface (railing, picnic table, couch, etc.) it's not usually too long before I'm L-sitting. I climb way more trees than ever, just cuz I can.
Old 10-17-2006, 03:47 PM   #12
Daniel Fannin

Profile:
I drive by playgrounds and think "Wow...I could do so much there!" And do...even to the point of the squadron's E-9 jogging by and saying to his partner "That boy is just special."
I've learned through the short, high-intensity WoD's that endurance running and rowing is just a by-product of fitness.
I've never had so much fun nearly hospitalizing myself. :yahoo:
Before Crossfit I used to read things like Men's Fitness and I used to believe everything they said. Now it's just Sunday comics before the WoD.
Old 10-17-2006, 04:13 PM   #13
Scott Clark

Profile:

I was running the other day and spotted a telephone pole with a metal bar extending out around 12' up. The first thing that popped into mind was "If I wear gloves I should be able to climb the pole and mount the bar for some pullups".

:-)
Old 10-17-2006, 06:58 PM   #14
Adam Noble

Profile:
My girlfriend won't let me go to Home Depot any more.
Old 10-17-2006, 08:13 PM   #15
Bradford Green

Profile:
Mostly, I just shake my head at everybody else in the gym. Including anyone with about a 3 inch ROM on heavy squats ("dude! i just squatted 500!") and anyone doing seated calf raises while they fiddle with their ipod.
Old 10-17-2006, 08:23 PM   #16
Frank M Needham

Profile:
I collect huge industrial pipe fittings at work and bring them to my office for when the mood strikes. Actually, the site is a huge jungle gym with overhanging open stairs, pipes running every which way, tall concrete stem walls perfect for jumping, all sorts of rails to hop through, walls to hand stand against, and its all on a 160 acre site. On break I just jump in my golf cart and take off for a secluded spot to get in few reps. Great fun that work doubles as my gym, not that I don't enjoy the one at home also.
Old 10-17-2006, 09:45 PM   #17
Pierre Auge

Profile:
CrossFit hasn't affected my existance in the least.

Except that I'm not in the military anymore, I now work as a full time S&C coach, and least of all I now know and have met many of you fine folks. Oh and I've driven across this continent 4 times in two months.

Nope CrossFit hasn't affected me in the least, I'm serious it hasn't, it's you folks that have, seriously.
Old 10-18-2006, 12:07 AM   #18
Daniel Schmieding

Profile:
Crossfit made me realize that lifting weights doesn't suck.

Old 10-18-2006, 03:18 AM   #19
Travis Loest

Profile:
I was out on patrol(in iraq) and noticed a piece of track skirt (double layered armor plate) for a Bradley lying on the side of the road. I halted the patrol we had the engeineers "safe" the track skirt and I sprinted up Sumo-deadlifted it to my chest, got it in a bear hug and sprinted back to my track and threw it in the back. When I got back into the turret I didn't complain to my gunner about the weight or the sprint in armor, but just smiled and said "CrossFit under fire! Ha." Oh yeah, the track skirt weights in at about 120#
Old 10-18-2006, 06:02 AM   #20
Peter Queen

Profile:
"Home Depot is now my favorite new fitness supply store."

Andrew, I like that one.:lol: That’s a good way of putting it. I to have ventured into Home Depot whenever I get an idea on building something for my CF home gym. It’s funny seeing the looks on the workers faces as I try to explain why I am buying these seemingly odd unrelated items.