CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Pukie's Bucket
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pukie's Bucket Bogus threads, trolls, and other malarkey

Old 07-22-2013, 07:42 PM   #151
Chris Diamont

Profile:
Re: Sharknado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Allen Jones View Post

That's impressive!!
Thx considering how pitiful my squat was a few months ago. Amazing what proper technique and getting some mobility will do for you!

Glad to hear you are doing well sounds like you are getting to keep somewhat in shape!

Old 07-22-2013, 07:45 PM   #152
Chris Diamont

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Enge View Post
Good work to you too Chris! You've got me by quite a bit on that front squat.

You probably didn't catch this, but I joined an Olympic lifting team a few weeks ago, really enjoying focusing on snatch/clean/jerk a lot more.
That's awesome! I remember last reading that you were considering joining a team. I love to clean, hate snatch probably because I suck at it and I can jerk ok. My technique hampers me a little. Any good tips for re-gripping the bar on the jerk after the clean? I struggle with that and it hurts my jerk wasting time and energy re-gripping.

Old 07-22-2013, 07:49 PM   #153
Jeff Enge

Profile:

I actually didn't know how well I'd be able to do this, but it's a lot easier than it looks to just add a little bit extra kick at the top of the clean recovery and pop the bar a little off your chest while moving your hands out wider. That's assuming a full (squat) clean, don't know how to do that with power clean.

Also, you could try starting your clean with wider grip in the first place. That's another thing they changed when I got to the team, my hands are now something like an inch away from the knurling marks.

(Which is something Brad suggested I try a few months ago, but we're not going to mention that )

Old 07-22-2013, 07:52 PM   #154
Chris Diamont

Profile:

Quote:
I actually didn't know how well I'd be able to do this, but it's a lot easier than it looks to just add a little bit extra kick at the top of the clean recovery and pop the bar a little off your chest while moving your hands out wider. That's assuming a full (squat) clean, don't know how to do that with power clean.

Also, you could try starting your clean with wider grip in the first place. That's another thing they changed when I got to the team, my hands are now something like an inch away from the knurling marks.

(Which is something Brad suggested I try a few months ago, but we're not going to mention that )
Interesting.... My coach has me grip a little wider too actually on front squat as well. He says I should front squat at the same place I clean because that is the position I will be in coming out of the hole. I probably should grip a little wider than I do but my lack of external rotation in my elbows and shoulders is preventing that right now. Working on it though!

Old 07-22-2013, 07:55 PM   #155
Chris Diamont

Profile:

Been doing the little pop of the chest but when I get heavy I am focusing to much on the clean and it seems like I forget I have to do the jerk! So I find myself at the top having to dip and pop it up to get my grip back. Hopefully with practice I will commit it to muscle memory.

Old 07-22-2013, 07:56 PM   #156
Jeff Enge

Profile:

Yeah, I'm trying to fight that just a tad too. When I was narrower I could grip the bar the whole way through the clean and not even let go, it's harder with the hands wider but I can see where it will help in the long run.

Also, I've done the "pop" so many times the past few weeks that it's almost just natural now. So I guess if you can think to do it enough times in a row, it will end up muscle memory and that's just how you'll do it!

Old 07-22-2013, 07:59 PM   #157
Chris Diamont

Profile:

Awesome. So I assume you are liking the Oly lifting? You still doing metcons to condition or are you strictly Oly right now?

Old 07-22-2013, 08:05 PM   #158
Brad Allen Jones

Profile:

Quote:

Old 07-22-2013, 08:10 PM   #159
Jeff Enge

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Diamont View Post
Awesome. So I assume you are liking the Oly lifting? You still doing metcons to condition or are you strictly Oly right now?
Oh, I like it a ton. Still getting used to volume but I feel so much smoother on the lifts already. And learning a ton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Allen Jones View Post

Shut up.

Old 07-22-2013, 08:12 PM   #160
Chris Diamont

Profile:

Quote:
Oh, I like it a ton. Still getting used to volume but I feel so much smoother on the lifts already. And learning a ton.

Shut up.

Something's haven't changed on here!!