CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 03-31-2010, 08:50 PM   #1
Matthew S Myers

Profile:
? About Zone Fat Blocks

Hey everyone!

Started Zoning and Paleoing about 4 weeks ago. So far, I've more or less kicked all of my cravings for carbs and feel like I eat a lot and am never too hungry, which is good. I think I've only lost about 1 pound, but I didn't have much weight to lose in the first place. I do feel healthier overall though, which is good.

When I do feel really hungry, I tend to just double my fat blocks (i.e. eat extra almonds/peanuts) that meal. My question is this: if I want to double my fat blocks, do I "double" it by eating an extra 1.5g of fat, or by eating an extra 3.0g of fat? I know that 1.5g is the normal "fat block", but that's assuming that there is some fat in the meat as well, correct? Just curious, as it means I'll either be eating 30 almonds or 45 at meals. Thanks!

Matt
Old 03-31-2010, 09:07 PM   #2
Eric Montgomery

Profile:
Re: ? About Zone Fat Blocks

If your meal is supposed to be 4 blocks, you just increase fat blocks to 8. So that technically means the fat isn't quite doubled, because with a 4 block meal you've got 6g of fat included in the 4 protein blocks and another 6g in the 4 fat blocks for a total of 12g of fat...going 2x on fat blocks would leave you with 18g of fat total (6g from protein plus 12g from fat).

Either way, if you're hungry, eat more and don't stress too much over counting almonds. 15 extra almonds a few times a day isn't going to suddenly make you fat seeing how you're only talking about a difference of 54 calories in 12g vs. 18g of fat.
Old 03-31-2010, 09:09 PM   #3
Andrew Breyer

Profile:
Re: ? About Zone Fat Blocks

+1 to Eric -- Don't stress over it. If you're hungry and/or uncomfortable, eat. As long as it's not a huge divergence from your plan, you'll still be in good shape.