CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 05-16-2006, 08:04 AM   #1
Patrick Schoudt jr

Profile:
Hello all
Been saving up for a concept2, I'm at the point where I could afford a used model C if I find one. Does anyone have or use a model D to compare the 2? I'm wondering if I should just wait and get a model d. Is it worth it? Do the extra features really assist with CF workouts or are they more for the rowing community only. Thanks for any help
Old 05-16-2006, 08:31 AM   #2
Paul Findley

Profile:
From what I gather, the big differences are:

1. Ergonomic Handle
2. Monitor Gizmo
3. New

For Crossfit, any C2 is a good C2. Have you considered a C3 ;-)
Old 05-16-2006, 03:03 PM   #3
Patrick Schoudt jr

Profile:
thanks Paul
Anyone have any firsthand experience with the 2 or with the model D? How about using yhe heart rate monitor its adaptable with?
Thanks
Old 05-16-2006, 04:02 PM   #4
Clay Jones

Profile:

Have not used the heart rate monitor with the model D, but have used both the C and D. The computer is much easier to use and the handle is nice--the D is also a bit quieter than other models. Are the features worth the extra $$$? If you have the extra cash and plan on keeping it forever, buy the D, otherwise find a nice used model C.

Here is another place to ask questions:

http://www.c2forum.com/
Old 05-16-2006, 04:53 PM   #5
Carl Herzog

Profile:
The recent CrossfitLive discussion made it seem like the monitor on the Model C might actually be more Crossfit-friendly than that on the D. True?
Old 05-17-2006, 06:55 AM   #6
Clay Jones

Profile:

Carl, I have not had much experience programming the model C computer, but I can tell you that the computer on the D is very easy to program when it comes to setting up rowing intervals or CF workouts. It also allows you to set pacing on your workout--say, you want to do a set of 500m intervals with a 30 second rest between, but you want to row at a pace of 2:30--the concept D will let you set that up quite easily (if I remember correctly, you can also vary pace for each interval). the log card is also a neat features, as is the abiltiy to hook up to a computer--but after trying it once, I have never used either feature, so these may be considered more of a gimmick than anything else.

To be honest, I have only had a to program a model C once or twice--it seemed a bit more cumbersome--but I could be wrong about that.

Of course, you can always just press the "Just Row" button, without having to do any programming.

I need to go back and listen to that CF Live interview--thanks for reminding me!