CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > In Search of CrossFitters
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

In Search of CrossFitters For finding other CrossFitters to CrossFit with

Old 05-27-2009, 09:18 AM   #1
Ariel Lively

Profile:
CrossFit at George Washington University (GWU)?

Hi Folks,

I am desperately seeking CrossFitters at GWU. I am almost finished with the Foundations course at Potomac CrossFit in Clarendon and would really like to keep it up with some folks at the gym on campus. My motivation for solo workouts is at an all time low, thus my interest in a group to Crossfit with. Any leads or suggestions sincerely appreciated!

Ariel
Old 05-28-2009, 11:07 PM   #2
Mike Snyder

Profile:
Re: CrossFit at George Washington University (GWU)?

You want a great place to train, worth the bit of the commute.. if CF Old Town in Alexandria. Best environment and training in the area no dount. Jerry really knows his stuff and so do Andrea, Chris, and the other coaches. It was where i trained for over a year before I had to go to Iraq. Great Family.
Old 05-29-2009, 07:23 AM   #3
Ariel Lively

Profile:

Thanks for the reply Mike. I appreciate the info. I'm actually hoping to find some folks at GWU who want to CrossFit. My work schedule and transpo situation put some constraints on when and where I can PT.

If you can work out at GW and want to CrossFit, let me know!

Mike, best wishes for a safe and productive deployment.

Ariel
Old 11-19-2009, 08:09 AM   #4
Stuart Holbrook

Profile:

Hi Ariel,

I know it has been awhile since your post but the most fantastic Crossfit box has opened up at 15th and Church NW. It is CrossFit MPH and is run by two Level 2 cert. coaches - which is pretty amazing for a Crossfit affiliate. I used to Crossfit on my own, or with some friends, and the level of my training has increased ten-fold. It is an amazing place and I would really suggest your checking it out. There are some GW students there as well. Incredible group of athletes also that will further challenge you!

Stuart
Old 11-19-2009, 12:22 PM   #5
Caitlin Jones

Profile:

There's actually a bunch of crossfitters at the Fitness First in Courthouse - they have a good set up there since a lot of the trainers are crossfitters too. And with $35 a month, it's hard to beat.