CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 06-29-2008, 10:21 PM   #1
Chris Duke

Profile:
Request Advice for a novice

Background: I have followed Crossfit off and on for about 2 years. I have incorporated it into my workouts, added ring training for chest workouts, considered yoga to help a back injury, still lift weights, would love to run, but limited to a treadmil because of my back. Most of my cardio is on an ellyptical machine. I am 35 years old and weigh 215# and 5'8" tall.

Situation: I have gained 20-30 pounds (currently @ 18% body fat), which I need to lose desparately, but am having very little success. I have 3 kids and the Zone is not really practical for me, but I do try to eat a clean diet. When I calculate my daily totals, I seem to be very near the 40-30-30 ratio. I have many late night cravings, which seem to be the root of my problem.

Goals: Lose 30 pounds (of course maintain the muscle that I have). Increase flexibility. Continue strength development. Add some size, but not looking for significant growth.

* I forgot, I want to be able to do an Iron Cross w/the rings!!!!

Reference: Jay Robb (Encinitas, CA), Eat Right for Your Type (not overly fond of it, but agree w/some of the principles), The Diet Cure, The GI Diet (I have others, but I seem to go back to those listed above).

I would greatly appreciate any assistance that may assist me in my goals and, possibly, alter my course b/c I have not had a great deal of success thus far.