CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 06:47 PM   #1
John Velandra

Profile:
Dec 5th Nutritional Certification Update - Fayetteville NC

I just wanted to touch base with the community and give them an update from CrossFit Cape Fear as we are slated to host the Robb Wolf nutrition Certification in Fayetteville NC on December 5th.

As everyone knows, Robb will not be teaching the certs anymore and to the best of my knowledge, neither will any of his crew. To say that I am extremely disappointed is an understatement, but, my personal thoughts and beliefs aside, I am having to think about the 70-plus students slated to arrive and hear about nutrition. CrossFit has issued a statement to all participants that they can get a refund on this certification if they so desire.

We will host the cert on Dec 5th in light of all this that has happened. Why? Two reasons... First, we made a commitment to host it and secondly, there are numerous folks coming from out of state that will lose their travel costs if we cancel and that just isn't right.

So, if you are registered and wondering how all this is affecting the cert, we will be ready for you. At the moment, that's all I know. I've not heard of who will be leading it, OR what their education and experience is, but as soon as I know more, I'll post it.

All I can say is having met Robb at the 7th SFG cert a few years ago, his nutrition cert in Cherry Point, and personal conversations with him, whoever is presenting has got to be on their A-game. This is a pivotal moment for a lot of athletes and coaches.

Respectfully,
John Velandra
CrossFit Cape Fear

Old 11-25-2009, 08:01 PM   #2
Amy Crawford

Profile:
Re: Dec 5th Nutritional Certification Update - Fayetteville NC

Good on ya John! Way to take the bull by the horns and give a concise explanation!

Looking forward to what's to come ...

Old 11-25-2009, 08:57 PM   #3
Mike Kelley

Profile:

Hate to say I asked for a refund due to Robb not being the one speaking and NO word on who they were getting one week prior.

Robb should have been allowed to finish the certs that were sold out with him listed as the presenter. HQ messed this one up.

Hope things go smoothly.

Old 11-26-2009, 09:06 AM   #4
John Velandra

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Kelley View Post
Hate to say I asked for a refund due to Robb not being the one speaking and NO word on who they were getting one week prior.

Robb should have been allowed to finish the certs that were sold out with him listed as the presenter. HQ messed this one up.

Hope things go smoothly.
I agree with you Mike - he should have been able to finish out the paid for certs, ala Ripp.

I wanted to let folks know what I am doing and why.... lots of folks paid money for flights and I HATE the idea of them losing that in addition to Robb's knowledge and passion on the topic.

We'll see what happens.

Thanks Amy - I'll keep folks posted.

Old 11-26-2009, 01:51 PM   #5
Troy Kerr

Profile:

This is extremely disappointing. I have been anticipating hearing Robb's lecture again for the past 6 months. The fact is that it is unfair not only to the participants who anticipated Robb's cert., but also the Robb's replacement. Throwing someone in a week out and expecting them to match Robb's caliber is all around unfair.
Robb has been more than helpful in my quest to control my type 1 diabetes. This past summer he even went out of his way to put me in contact with Dutch Lowy for additional input on my situation. Since then I have been preparing a long list of questions for Robb that pertained to nutrition and Strength and Conditioning. Now it looks like it was all for nothing.
The fact that HQ has failed to announce Robbs replacement his very unprofessional. Sure we may get a refund if we do not with to attend based on the presenter, until then we have to sit on our asses until they give us an answer.
Maybe they should have thought this one through a bit better.

Closed Thread