CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > In Sickness and In Health > Injuries
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Injuries Chronic & Acute

Old 04-10-2008, 02:02 PM   #1
Kelly Moore

Profile:
Something to help with bruises

I have (had) a very large, tender goose egg on the outside of my left forearm from some badly placed kb snatches. The area was in terrible shape with the bruising extending across the top of my forearm. With a bruise that large and painful I figured I couldn't even do kb jerks.

I had purchased an herbal analgesic lotion called Zheng Gu Shui several months ago after a martial artist recommended it. I hadn't tried it until today.

The result was impressive. There was some initial burning feeling that was interesting, but within two hours the swelling was completely gone. So was the sensitivity to pressure. I decided to try an eight minute jerk set and there was no pain.

I will wait a day or two to resume training snatches, but this was impressive. I'm keeping this stuff.
Old 04-10-2008, 02:32 PM   #2
Bill Sullivan

Profile:
Re: Something to help with bruises

I've always had good luck with a product called Arniflora. It's a clear, arnica gel that's pretty easy to find in healthfood stores. It goes on clean and has little to no smell, which is a bonus when stuck in an office all day. I went through many tubes of it back in my martial arts days.