CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 12-30-2008, 07:06 AM   #451
Jennifer Ellington

Profile:
Re: Chantal's Workout Log

Nice job incorporating the Ab-Blaster into your WOD. I think there's one of those at my Y.

Hope you had a fantastic Christmas!
Old 12-31-2008, 06:25 PM   #452
Veronica Davis

Profile:

Happy NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!
Old 01-08-2009, 07:10 PM   #453
Chantal Brien

Profile:

Thanks for the Ab-Blaster approval and Christmas wishes everyone! I had to take some time off working out because I got really sick over the holidays , but thankfully I am feeling better now. I did get a couple workouts in while I was away from the boards (an 8k run, lots of walking with the family and of course some snow shoveling) but I haven't been following the mainpage. I was looking forward to getting back to my place and my gym and being able to follow the WOD again, but work called yesterday to let me know that I'll be going to Afghanistan instead of the deployment I was slated for and I leave for training next week. So while I'm looking forward to that, I'm not sure as yet what impact it will have on my workout routine. I anticipate that I won't be able to follow your logs very closely as the next while is going to be busy, but it doesn't mean I'll be thinking of all of you any less!
Old 01-08-2009, 09:24 PM   #454
Courtney Bear

Profile:

Wow. Afganistan. I don't know what to say except My brother is in Irag right now. As for working out, he does what he can when he can with what they have. Hopefully, you will still have some internet access to let us know what you are up to.
Old 01-09-2009, 04:54 AM   #455
Patrick Haskell

Profile:

They could use another CFer over there. Don't worry about following our logs, just post here when you can, so we know how you're doing. Here's hoping you find a place with a CF-friendly place to workout. We'll be thinking of you.
Old 01-09-2009, 06:31 AM   #456
Camille Lore

Profile:  

Sigh.... please be careful Chantal.
Let us know how you're doing when you can.
Old 01-09-2009, 07:03 AM   #457
Jennifer Ellington

Profile:

Keep your guard up and head down, Chantal. We'll be thinking about you. Let us know how you're doing whenever you can.
Old 01-09-2009, 06:38 PM   #458
Matt Bahen

Profile:

You'll be good Chantal. I have every confident in saying that you're one highly trained person surrounder by lots of other highly trained people in a dangerous environment. Trust your mates and make them trust you. I'm sure you'll find more CF'ers out in Afghanistan than you think. Don't sweat logging in our logs...just update yours when you can so we can make sure you're still doing good. Only things left to say at this point are:

Stay safe and Good Hunting.
Old 01-10-2009, 08:31 PM   #459
Chantal Brien

Profile:
30 Min Run and Clean & Jerk

Thanks Courtney, Patrick, Camille, Jennifer and Matt! I appreciate all your comments and good wishes!

My lungs still seems to be acting up from when I was sick as today's performance was less than stellar. It took me 30 min to run just a little more than 5km and it SUCKED! not just my time but the running and breathing (even my right knee got in on the sucking act and started hurting). So I decided to go work on some squat cleans to cheer myself up (and went for the jerk at the end cuz putting heavy stuff overhead is just plain fun!) I worked up to setting a new squat clean PR of 115. I tried repeatedly for 125 as I was sure I had it in me, but I never quite got it (really close twice) and quit as soon as I started getting fatigued enough that my form wasn't bang on. I know I have it in me if I'm agressive with it, but mentally wasn't there enough... in hindsight, fatigue may have had something to do with that...

In other news - I was asked tonight if lifting that heavy weight wasn't bad for me being a girl and all. ! I resisted the temptation to reply "yes, lifting heavy things is bad for girls, that's why we have the guys do it for us overseas (I was training in the military gym), but, as the questioner seemed sincere, I took a deep breath and gave a brief explaination of how weight bearing activity helps prevent osteoperosis and provides all kinds of health benefits... After some genuine surprise, I was thanked for my help. I doubt that the questioner will drastically change their existing routine, but maybe they'll try something new, or at least not be afraid to...
Old 01-11-2009, 01:13 PM   #460
Matt Bahen

Profile:

Nice job of making up for a hard 5k by putting up some heavy stuff! You gotta get a for the PR! Nice work!

I like the way you handled the question about the Girls/Heavy weight thing. It can get frustrating to explain all the benefits when most people buy into all the crap that is peddled in the "fitness" business on a daily basis! Big time for helping spread the knowledge!