CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 04-13-2007, 02:14 AM   #1
Charles Applin

Profile:
http://www.johnstonefitness.com/all/front/m.php

It's work and family safe. This guy apparently does non-steroid weight lifting and running. He kept meticulous track of his progress starting in 2003.

I think it's one example of Glassman's (non-referenced) muscle building hierarchy: Bodybuilding w/ Steroids, CrossFit w/ Steroids, Crossfit w/o Steroids, Bodybuilding w/o Steroids.

To be fair, I was doing a similar work-out in 2002. Running and weight lifting made for a great combination. Too bad I did not discover CrossFit back then (how many say that around here?).
Old 04-13-2007, 04:18 AM   #2
Gerhard Lavin

Profile:
I've seen that site before. Amazing progress. Just shows what a conscientious approach to fitness can achieve.
Old 04-13-2007, 06:52 AM   #3
Arden Cogar Jr.

Profile:
Absolultely fantastic!!!! I would post some pics of me, but I'm wayyyyy too ugly. Fantastic progress. Very inspirational.

Diet and training is the key. We may never attain the freaky mass or anything like that, but learning your diet and what works for you takes you to a completely different level.

I see a major improvement in overall mass during 2006. You must have figured something out with your training at that point?

All the best,
Arden
Old 04-13-2007, 10:41 AM   #4
Dave Campbell

Profile:
The progress (and his dedication) are amazing, but I'm not sure what the reference to Coach Glassman's muscle building hierarcy means. I'm very familiar with Coach Glassman's muscle building hierarcy, but how is that relevant to the progress made in the photos? He's bodybuilding w/o steroids (the lowest rung according to Coach Glassman). Many steroid free bodybuilders run for their cardio. He's doing very typical BB type exercises. Are you suggesting he'd be in better shape if doing steroid free Crossfit?
Old 04-13-2007, 01:29 PM   #5
Cal Jones

Profile:
He's obviously consciously bulked up over that time as he goes from very ripped to much bigger but smooth. I think he looks best in the third row down.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:06 PM   #6
Bradford Green

Profile:
Wow. That man is ferociously methodical. We could all learn from that.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:39 PM   #7
Steven Low

Profile:
My upper body is more "chiseled" than his from 1.5 years of rings. Do your rings workouts guys. :biggrinthumb: