CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > In Sickness and In Health > Injuries
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Injuries Chronic & Acute

Old 11-13-2010, 11:21 AM   #1
Bryan Lloyd

Profile:
Abdominal strain

Hello all,

I just wanted some advice on how to proceed here. I was doing a wod on Oct 5th and pulled something in my abdominal area. I thought I would tough it out and I continued working out for another two weeks or so. Long story short, stomach got worse and started radiating into groin area. I went to my doc and found I do not have a hernia(Thank God) but am sufering from a "severe abdominal strain". My question = Has anyone out there experienced this and how long can I expect to be out? I am competing in the sectionals in March and I want to be able to perform to my full potential and I know I should be training but I don't want to make it worse either. By the way, I have been doing nothing for two weeks and am going crazy. I am a 38yom 6ft 190lbs with 2yrs CF experience. Thank you all in advance for the help!!
Old 11-15-2010, 01:48 PM   #2
Steven Low

Profile:
Re: Abdominal strain

This will help with strains wfs

http://www.eatmoveimprove.com/2010/0...uscle-strains/

The main thing depends on severity really. It could take anywhere from a couple weeks to much longer depending on the damage.

Doing nothing likely won't help though so get off your butt and at least do mobility work if not some upper body or lower body if there's no pain involved.

as for sectionals.... likely you can get back. But if there's something liek GHD situps that may not be a good idea