CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > In Sickness and In Health > Injuries
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Injuries Chronic & Acute

Old 03-02-2013, 05:28 PM   #31
Brian Strump

Profile:
Re: Physical therapy/Sciatic nerve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill M. Hesse View Post
You are not getting an MRI because it's a Workers Comp case....and that is one of the biggest scams in each state. It's almost as bad as the VA hospitals.

That was it. I suppose you meant quality? I am just curious. I hear a lot of bad press but have had no issues myself. I suppose I would like to know what to safe guard against.
Ahhhh, not sure how I missed that. My only WC experience was in Ohio, where getting MRI's approved was cumbersome paperwork and frustrating. In NC, I do not accept WC cases.

Personally, I've never been treated by the VA. However, I do have patients that were in the military, and go to the VA for particular issues which in some cases you would expect an MRI after "x" number of weeks/months with specific injuries without improvement. Too much red tape.

I was not meaning the VA hospitals are a scam, just that the quality of care it seems they receive may be sub-par. I have no idea why that would be, I'm not sure how that is all set up through the government, who pays them, etc.