CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 09-07-2011, 09:13 PM   #1
Rob Hefley

Profile:
Ordering Equipment

Tomorrow I'm fixing to put our order in to Rogue for our box and I have changed it about 5 times. One of the things that I have changed is getting smaller dumbells, kettlebells, and barbells. What are some suggestions that you guys have of some things that your boxes can't live without and some things that are not necessary? We are probably going to have to cut our list down some because of finances. I have a lot of of open space in a warehouse. About 7,000 sq. feet and also about 1.5 acre lot that I can use in good weather.
Old 09-08-2011, 09:36 AM   #2
Mike Hollister

Profile:
Re: Ordering Equipment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Hefley View Post
Tomorrow I'm fixing to put our order in to Rogue for our box and I have changed it about 5 times. One of the things that I have changed is getting smaller dumbells, kettlebells, and barbells. What are some suggestions that you guys have of some things that your boxes can't live without and some things that are not necessary? We are probably going to have to cut our list down some because of finances. I have a lot of of open space in a warehouse. About 7,000 sq. feet and also about 1.5 acre lot that I can use in good weather.
I think the most important thing to keep in mind is what your typical client will look like. At my box there are a few firebreathers but the vast majority of folk aren't going RX'd. This means big KBs won't get used a ton but the smaller ones are in high demand. Women's bars are always in demand too.

Is this an initial order? Maybe list your order and we can comment. Are you getting rowers? Those are important b/c some beginning people feel like they can't run (for whatever reason) and the rowers get subbed a lot. I know they are expensive but they are important.
Old 09-08-2011, 10:24 AM   #3
Ron Murray

Profile:

bars, bumpers, pull-up space, imagination >>>>>>> all other things when starting out.
Old 09-08-2011, 01:15 PM   #4
Brad Gerbrandt

Profile:

Pass on the heavier dumbbells. Ours have hardly been used at all. You could probably get away with nothing more than 40s.
Old 09-08-2011, 04:59 PM   #5
Rob Hefley

Profile:

We have been doing some classes in some borrowed space for a while and that has helped us notice we need smaller stuff. We split the bars in half with men and women and the dumbells are all under 50, We ordered more 10lb bumpers than anything. I just wanted to see if there were anythings that you thought every gym needed? Thanks for the replies