CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Exercises
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Exercises Movements, technique & proper execution

Old 10-23-2010, 08:23 PM   #1
William F. Burgess

Profile:
Beep Test

So I have been searching like crazy for info on the beep test. Seems all info is consistent with the 20m distance, ever shortening intervals, 2 intervals to catch up, last completed in time is highest counted.

Does anyone just know the interval times in terms of seconds? Are they set or changed depending on test? Should be first interval in x seconds, second interval in y seconds, and third interval in z seconds and so on, with x>y>z right? What are the standard x,y and z's so tho speak?

The only site that gives any indication of time sort of implied it was a rough guideline. I will go back and calculate the times calculated through that method and post them later.

In the meantime does anyone care to share more information regarding times, levels and what not?
Old 10-23-2010, 08:42 PM   #2
William F. Burgess

Profile:
Re: Beep Test

Sorry, I should have looked a little harder. Found a lot more info here:

wfs http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-stage_fitness_test
Old 10-24-2010, 07:42 PM   #3
James A Stevens

Profile:

Just to confuse you there are specific "beep" tests out there as well, the wiki page is Australian specific.

I was using one that had 10 shuttles for each level! I unfortunately don't know where it came from but I know it was from America.

Anyway, worked out for the best as it turns out I was slightly overprepared for my fitness test for Aus Army.

Check here to see what I mean http://www.topendsports.com/testing/beep-variations.htm wfs
Old 10-26-2010, 11:17 AM   #4
Boris Bachmann

Profile:

I've used the beep test a few times for kettlebell snatches - it's pretty fun. The interval is not particularly fast for the exercise, but you could do two reps per beep if you wanted to speed it up.
wfs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9oyhoHVgqg