CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Starting
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Starting For newcomers to the CrossFit methodology

Old 12-08-2011, 02:45 PM   #1
Omar Chavez

Profile:
Another new member to CrosffFit

Hey Everyone,

I just wanted to introduce myself and say hello to everyone. I will be starting CrossFit tonight in a "box" near my house. I had a taste of CrossFit about two weeks ago when my wife and myself went to the box and the trainer had us to the Fitness test: 500 meter row, 40 Squads, 30 Push-ups, 20 Sit-ups and 10 pull-ups. I was able to get this done in 8:25 (not a great time) but I was proud of myself.

My goals are the following: I am 5'8", 216lbs, 31% Body Fat and would like to get down to 190lbs @ 14-17% BF. I also want to be as lean as possible but have a really good definition.

I know it's going to be hard but I am tired of being heavy my whole life (at one point I was 300lbs) and just had enough. I will try to log my WOD and my diet plan as best as I can in a blog I started a few days ago:

http://ocroadtohealth.blogspot.com/

For my ONRamp tonight, anybody have any suggestions? Tips? Things I should know?

Thank you in advance!
Old 12-08-2011, 06:23 PM   #2
Ray Carile

Profile:
Re: Another new member to CrosffFit

Hello everyone. I am also a newbie. Tried CrossFit in July, got hooked, got my level 1 and just opened my own box. The posts are are great and I like how everyone helps each other out. Thanks for all the great info
Old 12-14-2011, 01:37 PM   #3
Omar Chavez

Profile:

I wanted to update everyone with the progress.

My wife and I are done with our "on-ramp" and finally had our first WOD last night. Here is what we did:

For time:
Run 1000m (2 laps)
30 squat cleans (135/95)
Run 1000m

*20 minute cap*

The WOD was modified for us since it was the first time. We did 500m instead of 1000m each way and we used 95/45 instead of the 135/95. Her time was 14:50 and mine was 18:07.

I can't wait for tonight and see what they have in store for us today. I can definitely see why Crossfit can become addictive!!
Old 12-14-2011, 02:32 PM   #4
Milton Brisson

Profile:

First off, congrats on making the descision to improve you life! You will never regret starting Crossfit!

Also, it looks like you have found a good gym! You made it through the on-ramp and made no mentions about debilitating stiffness or soreness, and had a properly and inteligently scaled version of your first WoD!

You will love this stuff!
Old 12-18-2011, 12:40 PM   #5
Omar Chavez

Profile:

Our first week of Crossfit is over. We went 4 times this week with one day of rest and so far we are loving it. Like I have said before, I can see how this could become additctive.

We have been doing our best to keep up with the rest of the class but sometimes it is too difficult.

Thank you everyone for the support and dont forget to follow my blog where I post our results and WOD.

Old 12-28-2011, 08:23 PM   #6
Omar Chavez

Profile:

Two weeks and a half down and STILL loving CF.

I have had a couple of really intense WOD's but have always managed to finish them.

One thing that is really starting to bother me is that I am always the last one to finish the WOD's. I know that as time goes on I will get stronger and faster but this is really killing me. Any words of advice?

I am glad I made the decision to join CF and I know that this will change my life forever!

http://ocroadtohealth.blogspot.com/