CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 03-09-2010, 11:10 AM   #1
Joshua Pinkerd

Profile:
The Tallest Mountain And Strangling My Potential

This week starts a new chapter in my life. I'm going to ask my girlfriend to marry me, and with that change I believe that I'll throw in a few "Rider Changes" as well. With her a new life is beginning.

I desire a fulfilling life. A life experienced, not lived. Battles fought, not attended. I want to earn my age... not just be given it for free.

Here I will post my daily WOD and general musings. Along with nutritional notes and ways to tweak and move performance.

Fitness Goals for 2010 (Always adding to this list) :stir:
USN PRT Test: 100 Pushups, 110 Situps, Sub 11:00 1.5 Mile

"I am here for a purpose and that purpose is to grow into a mountain, not to shrink to a grain of sand. Henceforth will I apply ALL my efforts to become the highest mountain of all and I will strain my potential until it cries for mercy." - Og Mandino
Old 03-09-2010, 01:22 PM   #2
Joshua Pinkerd

Profile:
Re: The Tallest Mountain And Strangling My Potential

Fitness Goals Updated (Thanks Largely to Level 4 CF Seattle, with a few tweaks.) You can find it here ---> http://crossfitseattle.com/athletic_skill.html (WFS)

This list is ever-evolving. If I meet a standard I'll adjust as necessary, and put my goals back out of reach. For the time being.

Hips:
100 air squats unbroken
Squat 1 x BW
Deadlift 1 x 1.5 BW
Vertical Jump 20 inches

Push:
Push Ups 40 Chest2Deck
Bench Press 1 x BW
Standing Press 1 x .75 BW
Handstand Hold 60 seconds
Dips 20 @ BW, 1 x 1.33 BW

Pull:
Rope Climb 2 climbs, 20ft rope
Powerclean 1 x BW
Pullups 20 @ BW, 1 x 1.33 BW, ONE MUSCLEUP

Core:
30 V - Ups unbroken
KTE 15 Unbroken
L Sit 30 seconds

Work:
KB Snatch 30 per arm @ 24kg
Thrusters 45 reps @ .5 BW
Helen sub-11:30
Fran sub-5:00
400M Run 1:30
800M Run 3:10
1600M Run 6:30
500M Row 1:40
2000M Row 7:20
Old 03-09-2010, 01:42 PM   #3
Joshua Pinkerd

Profile:

WOD 09Mar10
Warm Up: 15-12-9 thruster (45#), 4 Count Pushups

Work Capacity:

5 Rounds for time:
80 Jump rope
12 Dead Lift (155#)
12 Burpee Pullups
Row 500M

Durability: 25 GHD sit-ups. 25 GHD hip extensions. Yoga or Active Stretch 15 minutes.

I'm following a HEAVILY scaled version of www.sealfit.com daily WODS. I got out of bootcamp about two months ago, got to my A School, and am just now finding the time to get back into WODS. Metcon is way down, and strength is rusty but coming back fast.

I did today's work without a clock running (forgot my damn watch!), but I guess it could have gone worse. That active stretch at the end really helped me out...

Paleo has been going well today. It's a little tough here on the Presidio, what with Army chow halls and the fervent belief that Sailors, Soldiers, Marines and Airmen NEED to either ice cream or pie with every meal. I opted instead for Paleo friendly options, and skipped dessert. IT really is suprising to me how quickly I've responded to Paleo. Took about 3 days of "OMG I WANT PIZZA CAVEMEN SUCK" to get over the hump. But now it seems that my body is staying satisfied for longer periods of time, while not feeling that nasty "FULLGUT" feeling. Especially bad in a NSU with shirt stays, no siree.
Old 03-10-2010, 11:34 PM   #4
Joshua Pinkerd

Profile:

Oh MAN today was NO GOOD.

2000M Row in the morning for quick cardio hit. Then a **** poor performance at a half *** METCON... no good. I think I need to on ramp using something. Get back into things. The Brass Ring 12 Week Basic Training, here I come!

Paleo went well today... had some beer though. Bummer there.
Old 03-22-2010, 07:48 AM   #5
Joshua Pinkerd

Profile:

Whew long hiatus. Getting back to posting this week, starting today. Nutrition went to **** over the weekend, but waht are you gonna do. Starting a fitday account today, too. Anyone know any decent WOD tracking sites?
Old 03-23-2010, 07:39 AM   #6
Joshua Pinkerd

Profile:

Had to skip yesterday due to some financial finangling. Did yesterday's this morning.
10 rds for time:
10 Pullups
10 Swings (40#)
10 Thrusters (50#)

26:40

Smoker but made it through. Went from a timed wod to a grind for me. Good times. Had a great paleo breakfast, and looking forward to the day.
Old 06-08-2011, 12:19 PM   #7
Joshua Pinkerd

Profile:

Wow, I totally forgot I had this thread started! To be honest, I forgot that I was even a member here at the boards. So, after ANOTHER long hiatus I'm back to CF.

I think my overall innability to keep to the CF frame is my innability to perform like the guys and gals throwing nasty amounts of weight around at surprising speed. After a year or so of wandering aimlessly from set protocol to protocol (531, the two esses, Starr, RKC) I finally find myself in a way to start up again, mostly driven by the fact that I finally got a barbell set purchase approved by the wife!

Done.