CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > In Sickness and In Health > Health and Medical Issues
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Health and Medical Issues For other than injuries

Old 11-27-2013, 10:26 PM   #11
Tate Dimech

Profile:
Re: At Large Nutrition (ALN) - Results & Opticen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Wong View Post
Hi Tate,

If you can, please reread my posting's description entirely. You will find your answer there.

Billy
I read it and it sounded like bull**** to me...
Old 11-27-2013, 10:38 PM   #12
Billy Wong

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tate Dimech View Post
I read it and it sounded like bull**** to me...
Hi Tate,

That's the condition that happened to me. Take it or leave it. If you have no interest in helping me to support and solve my problem, please by any means don't. Thanks.

Billy
Old 11-28-2013, 03:39 AM   #13
William Garrett

Profile:

Have you contacted Mr. Jim Stoppani yet?
M/35/5'10@190lbs/L1 -- Squat 420, FS 325, DL 520, Press 215, Bench 315, 5k Row 19:30
Old 11-28-2013, 08:24 AM   #14
Brent Latimer

Profile:

Unfortunate that you had to go through rhabdo.

Why are you posting here if you are following a bb routine, pushed yourself too hard too quickly?

The supplements you were taking are relatively benign especially if you look at the plethora of offerings bb.com offers... for example Jack3d contains at least one banned performance enhancing substance.

All in all I find your post quite humorous. If you're trolling (which is a strong possibility), you've done so in a novel way.

best of luck.
Old 11-28-2013, 09:31 AM   #15
David Patton

Profile:

BS Troll!
Old 11-28-2013, 04:39 PM   #16
Tom Reyes

Profile:

So, you bought and used a supplement through your own free will. Something negative happened to you that may or may not be attributed to the supplement. Rhabdo is most often attributed to overtraining, not idiopathic increased liver enzymes. Who is at fault? I'd say it is the person who overtrained or (potentially) took a supplement that didn't agree with him. Take some personal responsibility. Man up. It's your fault, you either pushed your body too hard or did something to make your body not very happy. Nobody forced you to supplement or overtrain. That was your doing.
With any luck, this will be my first time making it into Pukie's Bucket.
Old 11-29-2013, 09:33 PM   #17
Billy Wong

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Garrett View Post
Have you contacted Mr. Jim Stoppani yet?
Hi William,

No, as my condition has nothing to do with Mr. Jim Stoppani himself.

Billy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Latimer View Post
Unfortunate that you had to go through rhabdo.

Why are you posting here if you are following a bb routine, pushed yourself too hard too quickly?

The supplements you were taking are relatively benign especially if you look at the plethora of offerings bb.com offers... for example Jack3d contains at least one banned performance enhancing substance.

All in all I find your post quite humorous. If you're trolling (which is a strong possibility), you've done so in a novel way.

best of luck.
Hi Brent,

I did not push myself at all. If you read my posting carefully, I took the first two days very lightly (with little weight or none) as I was practicing my forms. I did not follow Mr. Jim Stoppani's nutrition plan but I followed his work out plan.

Even though my two days exercise were based from bodybuilding.com, I am here to expose the possible side effects of consuming At Large Nutrition's Opticen and Results. I by any means don't want anybody to go through what I've been through for something that supposed not to happen.

I am here to also gather informations to support my case. I did post similar posting to many discussion boards to reach out to as many people as I can. If you know any information about to support it, please by any chance contribute. Thanks.

Billy

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Patton View Post
BS Troll!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Reyes View Post
So, you bought and used a supplement through your own free will. Something negative happened to you that may or may not be attributed to the supplement. Rhabdo is most often attributed to overtraining, not idiopathic increased liver enzymes. Who is at fault? I'd say it is the person who overtrained or (potentially) took a supplement that didn't agree with him. Take some personal responsibility. Man up. It's your fault, you either pushed your body too hard or did something to make your body not very happy. Nobody forced you to supplement or overtrain. That was your doing.
With any luck, this will be my first time making it into Pukie's Bucket.
Hi Tom,

Yes I bought the supplement with my own will but the product did the opposite of what it claimed to supply. As per to what I replied to Brent and what I explained in my posting, I did not overtrained at all. I did not post this information randomly, I wrote this posting based on the informations that the hospital and United States poison control department provided to me. I wrote an honest and detailed description of my recent adverse condition from consuming At Large Nutrition's Opticen and Results. Please take it or leave it. Thanks.

Billy

Last edited by Billy Wong : 11-29-2013 at 09:39 PM. Reason: misspelling and additional information
Old 11-29-2013, 09:43 PM   #18
Cam Peavy

Profile:

Quote:
Hi Tom,

Yes I bought the supplement with my own will but the product did the opposite of what it claimed to supply. As per to what I replied to Brent and what I explained in my posting, I did not overtrained at all. I did not post this information randomly, I wrote this posting based on the informations that the hospital and United States poison control department provided to me. I wrote an honest and detailed description of my recent adverse condition from consuming At Large Nutrition's Opticen and Results. Please take it or leave it. Thanks.

Billy
You bought a supplement, knowing that supplements are not regulated by the FDA. Your "case" MAY be valid if regulation occurred, but you bought the product knowing that there may be possible risks.

With that said, you might need to talk to other doctors about what these ingredients truly do, instead of basing this on 1 man's words.

Finally, you did not say if you had recently had a physical or check up for underlying health issues. Surely rhabdo did not sneak up on you in 2 days time.
Old 11-29-2013, 09:52 PM   #19
Billy Wong

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam Peavy View Post
You bought a supplement, knowing that supplements are not regulated by the FDA. Your "case" MAY be valid if regulation occurred, but you bought the product knowing that there may be possible risks.

With that said, you might need to talk to other doctors about what these ingredients truly do, instead of basing this on 1 man's words.

Finally, you did not say if you had recently had a physical or check up for underlying health issues. Surely rhabdo did not sneak up on you in 2 days time.
Hi Cam,

At Large Nutrition did not supply the information of their products if they are FDA approved or not. I bought ALN products based on the reviews that I read online.

When I was hospitalized, I was not taken care by just a doctor but a team of doctors specialized in many different fields. I did not have any underlying health issues before and also during the hospitalization. I specified in my post that I was being tested in many ways during my hospitalization. None of them indicated that I have an issue within me that is the cause of my rhabdomyolysis.

Billy
Old 11-29-2013, 09:57 PM   #20
Eric Montgomery

Profile:

Quote:
Hi Cam,

At Large Nutrition did not supply the information of their products if they are FDA approved or not. I bought ALN products based on the reviews that I read online.

When I was hospitalized, I was not taken care by just a doctor but a team of doctors specialized in many different fields. I did not have any underlying health issues before and also during the hospitalization. I specified in my post that I was being tested in many ways during my hospitalization. None of them indicated that I have an issue within me that is the cause of my rhabdomyolysis.

Billy
No supplements are FDA-approved...in fact they should all have a disclaimer on the label a la "This supplement is not approved by the FDA and is not intended to treat/prevent/cure any disease." I know all AtLarge products I've used include a statement to that effect.

Unless you were unlucky enough to draw a tub of Results that had rat poison added to it, I highly doubt AtLarge bears any share of the blame for your health problems.

Also, conjugated linoleic acid is found in almost all meats and dairy products. It's not unique to Opticen or any other supplement.

Last edited by Eric Montgomery : 11-29-2013 at 10:00 PM.