CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > In Sickness and In Health > Health and Medical Issues
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Health and Medical Issues For other than injuries

Old 10-21-2013, 12:39 PM   #1
Christopher Morgan

Profile:
alternative crossfit excercises for back pain

hey guys, can you suggest some alternative excercises to do in a wod when the lower back starts acting up? other than a chronic soreness in the lower back, i feel great and i dont want to keep missing out on entire wods when i cant do one of the excercises.
Old 10-21-2013, 02:54 PM   #2
Josh Bailey

Profile:
Re: alternative crossfit excercises for back pain

How about finding out why you have back pain in the first place? Are you new to CrossFit? How long have you had pain? Is it only with certain movements? If so, which ones?
There can be a lot of reasons why someone has back pain and just trying to sub some new exercises instead of finding the cause is much like just taking an aspirin and hoping it cures you or putting your finger over the "check engine" light and hoping your car problem goes away.
Old 10-21-2013, 08:01 PM   #3
Brian Strump

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Bailey View Post
How about finding out why you have back pain in the first place? Are you new to CrossFit? How long have you had pain? Is it only with certain movements? If so, which ones?
There can be a lot of reasons why someone has back pain and just trying to sub some new exercises instead of finding the cause is much like just taking an aspirin and hoping it cures you or putting your finger over the "check engine" light and hoping your car problem goes away.
Yea, this.

Other than the chronic soreness in the low back you feel great? Do you not see what's wrong with this statement. You don't feel great, you've got problems. Find someone to help you figure it out.
Old 10-22-2013, 07:42 AM   #4
Glenn Plomchok

Profile:

Could not agree more with those above. Find out what is going on...and stay away from anything related to putting a strain on your back until it feels better.

PM me if you want details on how I got to where I am. And I am not saying stop forever, just take it easy long enough to a) find out what the issue is and b) to let it heal up.