CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Starting
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Starting For newcomers to the CrossFit methodology

Old 03-27-2007, 08:00 PM   #1
Benjamin W Herbert

Profile:
Well, I just did my first crossfit workout yesterday! Did some medicine ball tosses against the wall, squats, pullups, gymnastic ring push-ups, Turkish get-ups, lunges and rowing! Now I'm 20 yrs old and have been working out solid for over a year and I thought I was tough, lol. At least that's what I thought until this afternoon. I now feel like a 75 year old man with heavy arthritis, and I did an abbreviated version of the workout! So I guess it works! Glad to be a part of this community, and I can't wait to become a master of these workouts!
Old 03-27-2007, 09:04 PM   #2
Eugene R. Allen

Profile:
Welcome aboard Benjamin. Be aware that you don't really become a master of the workouts but you do eventually become a master of yourself. The CF methodology will continue to find weaknesses in your training armor and, ironically, that is precisely what serves to eliminate those weaknesses. I stink at thrusters and OHS's (among other things) so I know what I have to work on, and as I get better at them, things that I am already good at get better too.

Hammer on Ben, a year from now you will be amazed at what you have become. You will see results and improvement in much less time than that but if you keep score and record what you do, wait until you see where you are a year from now. Be diligent, follow the WOD's and Zone in your diet.
Old 03-27-2007, 11:30 PM   #3
Benjamin W Herbert

Profile:
Thanks for your words of encouragement. I love this workout because it's always changing, so I never feel like I'm doing the same thing over and over.