CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Competitions
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Competitions Competitions, contests & challenges

Old 08-17-2011, 06:58 PM   #41
Rob Samuels

Profile:  
Re: 100 CLEAN pull-ups in a row

http://sealgrinderpt.com/navy-seal-w...p-e-book.html/ wfs

Saw this, can't vouch for it but might be another tool for you to look into.

Don't worry about the negative comments, half the people on this forum are not fit enough to get out of their own way they just like to have a place to come talk about how eating a slice of bread will kill you and tell others how to train when they are oh pressing 100 lbs.

Good luck on your goal.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:16 PM   #42
Aushion Chatman

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Samuels View Post
... half the people on this forum are not fit enough to get out of their own way they just like to have a place to come talk about how eating a slice of bread will kill you and tell others how to train when they are oh pressing 100 lbs.

Good luck on your goal.
Rob Samuels: Winning friends and influencing people since...oh wait...
Old 08-17-2011, 09:24 PM   #43
Rob Samuels

Profile:  

Old 08-25-2011, 06:47 PM   #44
Marshall Flagg

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Paul View Post
Hi everybody! I'm 18-years old and my name is Joshua Paul. I am thinking about a goal to do 100 PROPER TECHNIQUE (Athletic Fitness) pull ups in a row, without letting go of the bar and without my feet touching the ground.

Currently I can do about 15 correct pull ups with a wide grip. I work out my back 1-2 times a week and I do pull-ups, lat pull downs, single arm rows and/or t-bar rows. I would like some help and suggestions - should I continue the way I do at the moment, what should I change etc

My thoughts:

* Should I give up all exercises that work the back besides pull-ups?
* Should I work out other muscles as well (feet, chest, triceps etc?) or should I minimize the frequency of these workouts?

Any good videos are more than recommended - I did not find one person who has a similar goal. And I am not talking about kipping pull-ups.

I understand that to achieve 100 pull-ups, my body weight has to be minimal. But what would be the best weight ratio for doing that? Currently I am about 75 kg, my fat % is about 8-9 and I am on my mass period.

I also understand that this goal takes a lot of time to get there. But I am pretty motivated. I am thinking about 3-5 years to get there. Is this too much or too little?

ANY RECOMMENDATIONS ARE MORE THAN WELCOME!
Check back when you can do 30. Why not spend most of the time you intend to spend doing pull ups in the next 3-5 years gaining weight, getting strong throughout your whole body then go on a conditioning regiment and lean way out for your go at the century mark. If anything it will be a whole lot more fun that doing pullups for the rest of your life.

MF