CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Running a CrossFit Facility
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Running a CrossFit Facility Tips and guidance on how to open and operate a CrossFit gym.

Old 03-27-2007, 03:45 AM   #1
Steve Liszka

Profile:
Hi,
I have been following and learning about the The Crossfit Principles for over a year and would now like to start a outdoor class. I am based in the southeast of England in a busy seaside town with a large population(Brighton). I have spoken to the local council who are happy to let me train in one of the local parks.I really think there is a good opportunity here to develop a base for Crossfit in the area.
Unfortunately I have not been able to attend certification yet (costs of travel etc..) but hope to do so in the near future. Obviously I know that getting certified first would be best but without the funds this is not yet possible.
I was wondering if anyone had any advice with regard to starting a class in the parks. I am about to start purchasing and making some equipment, kettlebells, plyoboxes, sandbags etc.. but its difficult trying to know how much I need as have yet to advertise. Also interested in learning how best to structure the session so as to maximise benefits for those taking part. I've got loads of questions so if anyone is willing, I would love to get some ideas.

Thanks,

Steve Liszka