CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 07-11-2006, 03:28 PM   #1
Frank Menendez

Profile:
I'm finally drinking more water than I am accustomed to. I drink 2 cups at meal time, at 4 meals total = 8 cups which is 1/2 a gallon.

My issue is this, even drinking this causes me to use the bathroom VERY frequently... I find myself waking up once or twice every night to use the bathroom!

I'd love to be better hydrated but this is annoying and I'm not getting enough good sleep this way! I don't remember the last time I slept the entire night through.
Old 07-11-2006, 03:32 PM   #2
Frank Menendez

Profile:
Spoke too soon, Dr. G posted some very helpful info regarding this same issue, it seems the "cure" to my problem is tea?

White tea it seems...
Old 07-11-2006, 03:32 PM   #3
Nick Cummings

Profile:

Ditto, I've come to accept it, although I drink a bit more then that.
Old 07-11-2006, 03:37 PM   #4
Frank Menendez

Profile:
About the tea, can I just boil some water, put the tea bags in for a few minutes, remove and store in the fridge?

Simple as that?
Old 07-12-2006, 12:52 AM   #5
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:
Are you sure 1/2 gallon is really enough? That's what I would think if I were you. It's probably a pretty good start.
I noticed that among my friends ( especially some of the gf's of my friends ) they don't like drinking just water. It's something I really had to train myself to do.
When I first started I would drink 15-20 oz or so after waking up and before going to bed. And try to drink some during the day.
After I started a big commute, I would drink some on the way there over a course of time. Carry my water bottle around me coaching on the floor ( as long as I didn't forget where I put it down ) and some on the drive home. This really got me to increase my H20 intake.
When I got to sipping on it vs just chugging it to force myself to drink water is when I think I got to the point I was absorbing it better. As well, it was at that point, that I enjoyed just drinking water whereas before it was a chore.

I've yet to find a tea I like though I enjoyed Dr G article.

As it is, as I've cut my commuting time by 2/5th, and my work schedule;my water consumption has suffered. Hopefully that will resume once everything settles out.

Just gotta cut out by 2 or 3x my fruit juice intake. After switching over to anything without corn syrup, I've been reading that it still is too much sugar. :angry:
Old 07-12-2006, 04:41 AM   #6
Michael Tong

Profile:
I started CF just recently, tweaked my dietary intake and started drinking a lot of water. It was a lot easier converting over than I imagined. I have 4 quart-sized water bottles - one or two of them are always with me now and sip on it all day long. I drink four or five bottles everyday (sometimes six or seven on hard workout days). I don't seem to have a problem with getting up at night. As Blair mentioned above, I believe sipping on it all day long lends to better body absorption.
Old 07-12-2006, 05:50 AM   #7
Peter Queen

Profile:
I drink at least a gallon of water a day. So try to cut back on your water consumption by 8pm or just stop all together at that time. By 10 your body should be done flushing itself out so you can sleep throughout the night. :happy:
Old 07-12-2006, 06:16 AM   #8
Garrett Smith

Profile:
Frank,
Yes, it is as simple as that. With white and green tea, the hot water isn't even necessary. Just put the teabags in water and let them sit at room temperature, they'll brew themselves in about a half hour. If you want it stronger, let them sit longer or even leave them in your car a little while (it is summertime, it works really well).
Old 07-12-2006, 05:35 PM   #9
Michael Hill

Profile:

Dr. G,

Do white/green tea deliver the same benefit in terms of anti-oxidants, etc as boiling/hot water?
Old 07-12-2006, 05:36 PM   #10
Michael Hill

Profile:

Sorry, I meant "Does cold brewing deliver..."