CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > In Search of CrossFitters
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

In Search of CrossFitters For finding other CrossFitters to CrossFit with

Old 06-22-2009, 10:34 PM   #11
Aaron Tiffany

Profile:
Re: You provide the garage, I provide the equipment: Cambridge, MA

Hey Vinny I sent you a PM, sounds like a great option. Just wondering if anyone else has gotten together from the Somerville/Cambridge area. Would love to join up at some point.
Old 06-23-2009, 01:26 PM   #12
Danielle Marcellino

Profile:

the more the merrier!!! i hope some of you guys seriously think about coming down to medford. our garage is ghetto but its fun acting like mental cases around the neighborhood.. and hopefully if there is enough of us, soon we can get a space!
Old 06-23-2009, 04:45 PM   #13
Aaron Tiffany

Profile:

Hey Danielle, I'll wait to hear back from Vince but was just curious... do you guys go to a CrossFit facility in the area periodically or workout solely at your place?
Old 06-24-2009, 08:03 AM   #14
Danielle Marcellino

Profile:

hey aaron, we actually havent worked out at a crossfit gym other than when we went to the cert. we were actually talking about getting into CFNE to do some classes just to see how it all runs. when the weather doesnt hold up, or the off chance we need more than a few bars we end up raising hell at golds in medford (they dont like us )
anywho, hopefully we will see u soon!
Old 06-25-2009, 07:39 AM   #15
Vinny Marcellino

Profile:

Hey Aaron, I'm not sure if you got my PM. We have a few people right now coming in the afternoons around 4:30 to do the main page wods. Whenever you want to come join in on the fun let me know. I think I sent you my phone # in the PM. I just ordered some more equipment today, so we can accommodate more people. When that order comes I'll have 2 rogue bars, 15# training bar, 500# of bumpers, 20# 14# 10# wall balls, 70 53 35 20# kettle bells, c2 rower, 24" 20" plyo boxs, rings and pull up bars. The set up is kind of getto. Its funny but it gets the job done. I'll post some pictures when I get a chance.
Old 06-26-2009, 05:54 PM   #16
Erik Sparks

Profile:

I've just moved in to a place at Porter Square. I'm only in Cambridge 1-2 weekends a month, but I'll be moving to Cambridge full time next summer. I'd really like to come by and work out sometime. I'll post something in the thread when I get some awareness on my schedule. Anyone is welcome to send me a message too.
Old 07-07-2009, 07:02 AM   #17
Vinny Marcellino

Profile:

Here are a few pics of our setup so far. The Tiki Torches and most of the gardening tools are out of there now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5005_538046678483_50200358_31719205_4024621_n.jpg
Views:	322
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	4572   Click image for larger version

Name:	6573_538654864673_50200358_31747269_241717_n.jpg
Views:	314
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	4573   Click image for larger version

Name:	6573_538654869663_50200358_31747270_2024271_n.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	76.5 KB
ID:	4574  
Old 07-30-2009, 07:48 AM   #18
Christopher Yates

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny Marcellino View Post
Here are a few pics of our setup so far. The Tiki Torches and most of the gardening tools are out of there now.

Hey Vinny, I just tried to email Chris Toomer to get some info about your setup. I have been crossfitting for almost a year now and I'm moving up to Somerville, near Tufts, Ossippee Rd, for the month of august. I was wondering if you could email me some more info/ contact information, I only have 2 55# and 30# kettlebells to bring to the table, but I'd be more than happy to swing you some money, and provide some moral support for the WOD's. please email me back with any info. thanks a lot. cmyater@gmail.com
Old 08-25-2009, 12:08 AM   #19
Kyle Larson

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Toomer View Post
one more. i'll be living in inman square beginning july '09. hoping to find (a) a CF-friendly facility and / or (b) fellow CFers interested in pooling resources. will be enrolling at harvard, not sure what their student facilities offer (i live in indonesia at the moment), but looks like endless rows of elliptical machines. christoomer1@yahoo.com if anyone's interested.
Chris - are you still in Indonesia or have u gone back to the US? I have just started CF and was hoping to find another Indonesia-based CF'er... I have made "do" with the local Celebrity Fitness Gym equipment but there are some seriously lacking equipment issues . More importantly, it would be good to gauge progress and discuss the WOD's with someone nearby... Any input out there?
Old 04-19-2010, 08:37 AM   #20
Michael Weinbeck

Profile:

I don't know how I missed this post last year, but I'm in Porter Sq (roughly) and would love to meet up a few times a week for WODs. Vinny & Danielle, are you still hosting?