CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 08-06-2014, 08:29 AM   #11
Andrew Bell

Profile:
Re: Reebok Nano 4.0's

Deja vu all over again (wfs)
Old 08-09-2014, 02:07 AM   #12
Koa Meador-Levy

Profile:

The shoes are definitely close to the same. My 4.0's though feel slightly more rigid in the forefoot. Now Its obvious that it could just be because they are brand new and stiff. The soles are the exact same. I wore a 9 in my 3.0 and my 4.0 I wear a 9 too. Odd since all my 2.0s were 8.5 as are my powerlifters.
Old 08-09-2014, 02:46 PM   #13
Michael A. Jones

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor J McQuaide View Post
I am not the biggest fan of the 4.0's. I have narrow feet except near my toes.. 2.0's still favorite.. 4.0's 2nd place, 3.0's in a distant 3rd.
I've only owned the 3.0s myself and tend to agree with you on not liking the 4.0s....I found them to be not as rigid as it's predecessor. I've tried on the 2.0s and really want a pair but seem to be hard to find.....
Old 08-10-2014, 03:00 PM   #14
Koa Meador-Levy

Profile:

The biggest selling point for me is unlike most people is I love them for the fact that they are wide as can get. I have rather wide and flat feet and I grew up wearing either slippers or barefoot (From Hawaii what can I say) so my feet are just more used to being flat on the ground. I just got a pair of brand new 2008 Do-Wins and havent oly lifted in over a year. WOW a heel is so foreign feeling.
Old 08-10-2014, 04:16 PM   #15
David L Jones

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koa Meador-Levy View Post
So I have never been a fan of anything to come from reebok. I found most of their clothing to be very cheaply made, and nearly all of their shoes to have the absolute worst colorways.

I have however own a pair of each Nano that has been released over the years. Usually given as gifts. I tend to wear them once or twice and then go back to my inov-8s that I have always maintained loyalty to.

HOWEVER! The new nano 4.0 to me is amazing! It feels almost like an inov8 F240. Its got less in the range of thickness in materials used. Especially in the toe box area. Its got great rigidity but still has a nice "pop" to the flex of it. I bought a using my GOVX discount on RoadRunnerSports this week and got them yesterday in the mail. (I got the blue and neon yellow ones)

went down in my garage and gave them a little beating with some atlas stone loads, some C&J's and some HSPU's. all in all they felt great on my feet.

easily a 9/10.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koa Meador-Levy View Post
The biggest selling point for me is unlike most people is I love them for the fact that they are wide as can get. I have rather wide and flat feet and I grew up wearing either slippers or barefoot (From Hawaii what can I say) so my feet are just more used to being flat on the ground. I just got a pair of brand new 2008 Do-Wins and havent oly lifted in over a year. WOW a heel is so foreign feeling.
It isn't so much the width that I don't like, it is that they feel sloppy with a terrible transition when running.

If you like feeling like you have nothing on your foot, I would suggest that standard fit (not the precision fit) in the Inov-8 195 (3 mm drop) or 252 (zero drop). Both have little to no heel. The 240 has a slight heel, but not much at 6 mm.
Old 08-11-2014, 12:09 AM   #16
Koa Meador-Levy

Profile:

I have always stuck with inov8's for my day to day training. I would get Reeboks as a present or gift from people especially while I deployed more frequently. But the 195's still are my go to training shoes.
Old 08-18-2014, 04:26 PM   #17
Victor J McQuaide

Profile:

Guess that is why I don't like the 4's that much either.. I am a 2.0 fan.. how long does Reebok have the deal with Crossfit games?

Wonder if in 2 years some other shoe company does a deal with them?
Old 08-18-2014, 07:37 PM   #18
Daniel OBrien

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor J McQuaide View Post
Guess that is why I don't like the 4's that much either.. I am a 2.0 fan.. how long does Reebok have the deal with Crossfit games?

Wonder if in 2 years some other shoe company does a deal with them?
Not sure on the Reebok/CF deal, but I believe Nike has a CF shoe that's out soon...obviously, they can't call it a CF shoe. Josh Bridges has been showing them off for about a month on his facebook page.
Old 08-19-2014, 06:41 AM   #19
Andrew Bell

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel OBrien View Post
Not sure on the Reebok/CF deal, but I believe Nike has a CF shoe that's out soon...obviously, they can't call it a CF shoe. Josh Bridges has been showing them off for about a month on his facebook page.
Yup, and I will buy this on release day. If they have done their homework the way only Nike can, should be a great shoe.
Old 08-20-2014, 09:56 AM   #20
Mike Doehla

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Bell View Post
Yup, and I will buy this on release day. If they have done their homework the way only Nike can, should be a great shoe.
I'm patiently waiting for these things. I want in.