CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 08-01-2010, 11:15 AM   #1
Tom Reyes

Profile:
Rogue "Games" Box

Has anybody tried one of these? The idea looks great, a 20,24 and 28 all in one box. When I buy equipment, I have to get both the men's and women's size/weights, whatever. This might just be the thing to save me a few $$$. Any comments on the straight sides? That is my concern. Also, an upside down "normal" plyo box can hold the rest of my gear when we do park or beach WOD's. It appears the games box has all sides enclosed. I know one can be made on the cheap, but I have neither the skills, tools, nor patience to build one myself. Rogue has always done right by me, I have no problem paying for quality equipment that is made in USA...
Old 08-01-2010, 11:33 AM   #2
Ron Murray

Profile:
Re: Rogue "Games" Box

I REALLY want to know more about these things or see one up close sometime soon if possible, because, like you said it's a great idea. I'm worried about the straight up vs. slanted design, and the sturdiness has me slightly concerned, but knowing Rogue, it's probably a tank. Definitely interested though, if someone has a review I would love to read it.
Old 08-01-2010, 12:16 PM   #3
Matthew Young

Profile:

I just received my "Games" Box on saturday from Rogue! I love it. The box is a TANK for sure. Rounded edges on the box so easy on the shins if you miss a jump. There is a support on the inside of the box to make it extra stable. Rogue did it again!!! Awesome piece of equipment. Plan on ordering more in the future
Old 08-01-2010, 12:53 PM   #4
Eric Montgomery

Profile:

I would think that it would be a little unstable if you set it up as the tallest option due to it being taller than the base's length and width--is that not the case?
Old 08-01-2010, 01:55 PM   #5
James Orr

Profile:

Guys, these things are made out of 3/4" ply. Straight or slanted sides, you have nothing to worry about. Get it square when you screw it together and it'll hold 1000 lbs. The slanted sides don't do anything to add strength, they just flare the energy out so it doesn't slide forward when you land.
Old 08-01-2010, 03:26 PM   #6
Ron Murray

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Orr View Post
Guys, these things are made out of 3/4" ply. Straight or slanted sides, you have nothing to worry about. Get it square when you screw it together and it'll hold 1000 lbs. The slanted sides don't do anything to add strength, they just flare the energy out so it doesn't slide forward when you land.
well that was actually my concern, not that the slanted sides provided more rigidity than the straight sides, but that they kept the box from moving. Considering the base width vs. the height on the tallest configuration, I was worried about the box taking a dive or sliding.

really want to test one out.
Old 08-01-2010, 05:51 PM   #7
Kris Warner

Profile:

Our new Games Box is built like a tank and has a hidden piece of 3/4" plywood inside to add to rigidity. We were using these on all 3 sides for a while before we sent them out to the Games. The weight of the box makes it possible to use the 28" side.

As far as the straight up vs slanted design: we haven't been able to knock one over yet when it's 28". The feedback that we've received is that it feels solid on all sides.

These boxes ship fully assembled. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Kris
Old 08-01-2010, 07:41 PM   #8
Ron Murray

Profile:

yea, I figured it was probably a tank, what from Rogue isnt?
Old 08-01-2010, 08:48 PM   #9
John Powell

Profile:

Have you sent any to Rogue Canada?
Old 08-02-2010, 06:19 PM   #10
Tom Reyes

Profile:

So, anybody who has used both have any input? Order goes in on Wednesday....