CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 02-03-2008, 10:18 AM   #1
Michael Houghton

Profile:
CrossFit Rocks.

Sorry, but I couldn't help reading another thread at many people getting negative about moderators, Coach, open source/not open source, negativity, and wanting to post something. Instead of getting lost in the other thread, I thought I would open one so people could express their compliments to the many people who contribute to this fantastic program. Since August, I have lost 40 lbs, and gotten in better shape than I have ever been in. I went to a cert, and am in the process of affiliating. Any time I want a workout for someone, I look at all of the previous workouts that are posted, including ones from several affiliates. I know that it is safe to go on the boards at work because the moderators do a great job making sure that is possible. I also have seen videos from many different people and looked at the FAQ many times for help. So I would just like to say thank you to all of the people that make this community fantastic and free.
Old 02-03-2008, 10:22 AM   #2
Mickey O'Neil

Profile:
Re: CrossFit Rocks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Houghton View Post
Sorry, but I couldn't help reading another thread at many people getting negative about moderators, Coach, open source/not open source, negativity, and wanting to post something. Instead of getting lost in the other thread, I thought I would open one so people could express their compliments to the many people who contribute to this fantastic program. Since August, I have lost 40 lbs, and gotten in better shape than I have ever been in. I went to a cert, and am in the process of affiliating. Any time I want a workout for someone, I look at all of the previous workouts that are posted, including ones from several affiliates. I know that it is safe to go on the boards at work because the moderators do a great job making sure that is possible. I also have seen videos from many different people and looked at the FAQ many times for help. So I would just like to say thank you to all of the people that make this community fantastic and free.

I am with you Michael! I am also in Sun City - small world, huh! Maybe we could work out together sometime or you could let me know more about your affiliate - i would love to help out.
Old 02-03-2008, 10:28 AM   #3
Michael Houghton

Profile:

Sweet! I just put up a new Pull Up bar in my backyard. I have everything (almost) to do all of the workouts here. That would be awesome to workout with someone else!
Old 02-03-2008, 11:42 PM   #4
Michael Bruce Mailman

Profile:

Sorry to butt in on the love fest here boys!

Just wanted to second Michaels post. Crossfit does rock, long live Coach, and may we all do body weight overhead squats! (And two minute Frans, and 3 x bodyweight dead lifts, etc, etc, etc)...