CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 10-16-2006, 09:18 PM   #1
Yael Grauer

Profile:
I was just wondering if by some odd chance anybody remembers this magazine. It was actually a boy magazine and they published seven odd issues in themid-90's...they being Spike Jonze, Andy Jenkins, and Mark Lewman. I found Andy Jenkin's website but it's really polished and gorgeous and I'm far too intimidated to try to contact him (and doubt he'll write back once I get over that), but I'm really trying to get in contact with Mark Lewman. I want to interview him for my friend's magazine. I was just counting on the off chance that someone maybe knows him... All I could find after hours of online, er, research is that he does a zine called Chariot of the Ninja, about "subversive haircuts, bike stunts, and Japanese rap music."

Oh! And I found an unpublished issue of Dirt and an article in Wired magazine.

http://www.crownfarmer.com/333/dirt/index.html

I guess I should say that the magazine really changed my life in so many ways... All my friends started doing drugs and I started martial arts instead because of this chart I read on side effects that was well-researched in Dirt magazine. It was like subversive and punk rawk but still highly influential and made it okay to be a geek. Frickin' spoke to me when I needed it. I still have one of Mark Lewman's recipes for cat burritos. Anyways, I think I was fifteen when I read this rag and I still remember some of Lew's quotes in the articles I read more than a decade ago. I'm gonna cry!

While I'm at it, does anybody know Vanessa Herbst?

(Message edited by treelizard on October 16, 2006)
Old 10-16-2006, 09:35 PM   #2
Yael Grauer

Profile:
Der! Nevermind, I found it. I'm retarded.