CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > In Search of CrossFitters
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

In Search of CrossFitters For finding other CrossFitters to CrossFit with

Old 03-15-2009, 10:59 AM   #1
Eva Bigongiari

Profile:
Need certified Crossfit trainer in NOLA area

My parents live in the New Orleans metro area and they were asking me to recommend a personal trainer to them. Since I haven't lived there for many years now, I no longer have any professional connections there. Both my parents are in their 50s and very deconditioned, so they need a responsible trainer to get them on the right track. My Dad especially needs help with foam rolling some adhesions that are causing him a lot of pain. I've shown him how to properly do self myofascial release, but I'm not there to consistently spot check his form.
Anyway, if there are any certified Crossfit trainers in the NOLA area that are looking for clients, please respond to this thread. It's hard to live a fit lifestyle in New Orleans without any guidance.
Old 03-16-2009, 05:46 PM   #2
Tim Crawford

Profile:
Re: Need certified Crossfit trainer in NOLA area

Eva~

I went by the CF affiliate listed for Slidell, but it was closed down and cleaned out (wish they would take it off the affiliate page). There was one listed for Gulfport (not exactly close to NO) - but there was no answer at the number listed on the page. I heard there is one going closer to Morgan City area, but I don't remember exactly where. Best of luck to you!
Old 03-16-2009, 11:43 PM   #3
Eva Bigongiari

Profile:
Re: Need certified CrossFit trainer in NOLA area

Yeah, New Orleans is a tough nut to crack. It will always be my hometown, so in a way I'll always love it. BUT...New Orleanians will try anything new, as long as it's not too much work It is the "Big Easy". I know there are people there that are Crossfitting, but I don't know how well an affiliate can really do there. I hope for my Dad's sake that I'm wrong. Maybe the best I can hope for now is that they'll sell their house soon so they can finally move to Texas. I'm still keeping up hope that they'll at least be able to find a decent trainer in N.O. to teach them some functional movements even if it isn't Crossfit. Something's better than nothing I guess.
Old 04-07-2009, 11:49 AM   #4
Michael R Smith

Profile:
Re: Need certified CrossFit trainer in NOLA area

Well, I have been doing CrossFit and similar workouts for about 5 years (ex SOF guy) and I am in the process of getting my ACSM-CPT and CrossFit 1 and 2, certs... which as far as I'm concerned, at this point, are just pieces of paper for me. I am trying to figure out who in the area is actively training so maybe I/we can start something up in the city. Point anyone you know in NOLA my way (including your parents) and I'll see what we can do.

Thanks