CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 04-10-2005, 05:43 PM   #1
Rob McBee

Profile:
Hey gang,

I've been strictly Zone w/paleo for 6 weeks now. First month I lost 10 lbs. total, BF down 5%, 3 1/8" decrease in umbilicus/spare tire area measurement, lean body mass constant. I'm certainly stoked but in the past two weeks nothing changed execpt I lost approx. 1 lbs. of fat and 1 lbs. LBM. I've been doing 4 blocks and would appreciate thoughts on what the optimal tweak might be to keep me progressing. I do the WOD religiously and am starting extra running 3x a week to help improve my 5k times. Would it be better to up total blocks to 5 or stay at 4 and just add an extra fat block? Or, something else I'm not thinking of? Thanks a bunch and remember,
Vote For Pedro!
Old 04-11-2005, 04:30 AM   #2
Larry Lindenman

Profile:
How are you measuring body fat and lean mass loss. It makes a diffrence. Also loss of water weight, in the first few weeks of any diet, appears to come from lean body mass. It's water, not muscle. Losing about 1-2 lbs of fat a week is average. If your energy is good stay at your block Rx, do not increase fat blocks yet, be patient. I would ot weigh every day or even every week. Do three months on the Zone, just like your doing it. Keep detailed logs for food intake and exercise, include sleep, resting heart rate upon rising, and any feelings of fatigue or energy. This is a long term process, let it happen.