CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Starting
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Starting For newcomers to the CrossFit methodology

Old 04-23-2006, 02:18 PM   #1
Kevin Kaeating

Profile:
hi I have some things to say to all the people that replied to my message threads since oct.2005.
I have been trying to lean up and get in better shape from body building for 3 years. long hard struggles with diet plans, hundreds of differnet workout types, everything from german volume training to hiit and mass building and everything in between with diffent rests periods..wew.
I have to say that from doing crossfit and me black box for just over 2 weeks accompanied by the mastering the zone book, I am looking and feeling ten times better than anything ive tried in 3 years!, I was always worried about stamina when i was big and worried about strentgh when i was small, well now im getting both, and extremely quick.
All these years ive been thinking the wrong way , it isnt bodybuilding its body development.

I am truly reformed and extend an unlimited gratitude for all of you people and your wealth of knowledge and patience with my ignorance of bodybuilding.. I am humbled, hopefully i can keep it up,
also so much thx to particularly anthony bainbridge for "Me" details, jesse woody for cf journal 21 advice, beth for original thread motivation and many many more especially the doctor sorry i cant find all the threads.
wish me luck I am very devoted
Old 04-23-2006, 02:47 PM   #2
Jesse Woody

Profile:
Good luck, I'm glad to help!
Old 04-23-2006, 04:56 PM   #3
Garrett Smith

Profile:
Kevin,
You're very welcome and you are an inspiration to others!

Glad I could be of help--thank you for your faith in the good advice you will hopefully always receive here.
Old 04-23-2006, 05:51 PM   #4
Peter Queen

Profile:
"thank you for your faith in the good advice you will hopefully always receive here."

I agree also with Dr. G. We all are hear to help each other. I am always learning. And like you said about being humble, sometimes you do have to swallow your pride in order to be more receptive to newer or better ideas. If you are closed minded then Cross Fit is not for you but I know that you want this based on your past threads and with that, you will always grow in all aspects of your fitness goals. Continued good luck and sucess and thanks for the feedback Kevin.
Old 04-23-2006, 05:53 PM   #5
Peter Queen

Profile:
Oh shoot, I mispelled "here". Geeeeze, I'm an idiot!
Old 04-24-2006, 04:23 AM   #6
Larry Lindenman

Profile:
Kevin, we were all there at one time or the other. Drifting from one program to the next, one diet plan to the next, wondering when we were going to find THE program, we found it! This place is all about helping others so get to it...keep giving advice, based upon your experiences in CF.
Old 04-24-2006, 04:41 AM   #7
Anthony Bainbridge

Profile:
Kevin, that is awesome! I'm glad things are working out for you. Thanks for the kind words. :happy:
Old 04-24-2006, 09:33 AM   #8
Kevin Kaeating

Profile:
now, I may need more advice about the zone blocks im trying 20 right now so we'll give it a few days. I was trying the 15 blocks one week example in mastering the zone but it seemed insufficient, so we'll try this. I have lost some size, but hey the old gut is disapearing.