CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2014, 11:49 AM   #1
Kristian Skarsfeldt
Member Kristian Skarsfeldt is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Los Angeles  CA
Posts: 100
Black Friday 2014 deals

Just a few more weeks until Black Friday and just as last year we can expect great deals from all the players on market.

What are you hoping to see and looking for?

Let me start with myself; I will be looking into a mid size squat stand preferably with safety bars, bench and plates.
__________________
WOD log, music and chicks http://bodyofnations.com partly nsfw
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 12:11 PM   #2
Caleb Carmichael
Member Caleb Carmichael is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Wichita Falls  TX
Posts: 25
Re: Black Friday 2014 deals

I want a rower. Anyone remember if rowers were included in everyone's deals last year? I went through a lot of last years Black Friday thread and most said % off everything or free shipping on everything, etc. just want to be sure that rowers are included, as often times they are not in promotions.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 02:29 PM   #3
Mike Hollister
Member Mike Hollister is offline
 
Mike Hollister's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bellingham  WA
Posts: 407
Re: Black Friday 2014 deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb Carmichael View Post
I want a rower. Anyone remember if rowers were included in everyone's deals last year? I went through a lot of last years Black Friday thread and most said % off everything or free shipping on everything, etc. just want to be sure that rowers are included, as often times they are not in promotions.
C2 doesn't allow their rowers to be discounted at all. Best you can get is free shipping and no sales tax. Or get lucky and catch a company offering a sale that C2 hasn't caught and/or they don't care about their relationship w/ C2.
__________________
http://www.templestrong.com
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 02:32 PM   #4
Caleb Carmichael
Member Caleb Carmichael is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Wichita Falls  TX
Posts: 25
Re: Black Friday 2014 deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hollister View Post
C2 doesn't allow their rowers to be discounted at all. Best you can get is free shipping and no sales tax. Or get lucky and catch a company offering a sale that C2 hasn't caught and/or they don't care about their relationship w/ C2.
Thanks for the heads up Mike.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 08:06 AM   #5
Steven Thunander
Member Steven Thunander is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Milwaukee  WI
Posts: 614
Re: Black Friday 2014 deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hollister View Post
C2 doesn't allow their rowers to be discounted at all. Best you can get is free shipping and no sales tax. Or get lucky and catch a company offering a sale that C2 hasn't caught and/or they don't care about their relationship w/ C2.
You may also be able to get it discounted as part of a package deal with other equipment.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 07:23 AM   #6
Brian D Wright
Member Brian D Wright is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Clermont  FL
Posts: 19
Re: Black Friday 2014 deals

I'm in the market for a bar, bumper plates and seem pretty decided on the Rogue Infinity S-2 squat stand. I believe I am set on my choice of either the Ohio bar or Matt Chan bar (don't know yet if I want center knurl).

All that being said, does anyone forsee any potential benefit in waiting a month for black friday to make a purchase? Will shipping be free/discounted on a squat stand? Shipping is already free on the HG Rogue bumpers (buy 3 ship free deal).

What are the potential advantages of waiting until black friday?
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 07:31 AM   #7
Daniel OBrien
Member Daniel OBrien is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Ambler  PA
Posts: 165
Re: Black Friday 2014 deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian D Wright View Post
All that being said, does anyone forsee any potential benefit in waiting a month for black friday to make a purchase? Will shipping be free/discounted on a squat stand? Shipping is already free on the HG Rogue bumpers (buy 3 ship free deal).

What are the potential advantages of waiting until black friday?
Rogue usually does 5 items ship for $5 - everything that's in-stock. So you'd save shipping money on the squat stand and bar.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 09:06 AM   #8
Mark E. Wallace
Member Mark E. Wallace is offline
 
Mark E. Wallace's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Cedar Park  TX
Posts: 3,869
Re: Black Friday 2014 deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian D Wright View Post
I'm in the market for a bar, bumper plates and seem pretty decided on the Rogue Infinity S-2 squat stand. I believe I am set on my choice of either the Ohio bar or Matt Chan bar (don't know yet if I want center knurl).
Sidebar re: Chan bar : I find the knurling on the Chan to be *very* gentle, to the point of practically not being present. I love the idea of a softer knurl in the center, but I actually wish that the Chan center knurl were a tad more aggressive. I think I would actually be fine with it being the same knurl as the rest of the bar.

- Mark
__________________
"Ima champ Still pushin Strong, Remember You only get what you train FOR>"
Snarky answers -- Free of charge.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 12:17 PM   #9
Danny Bostwick
Member Danny Bostwick is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Seaford  DE
Posts: 97
Re: Black Friday 2014 deals

Kilo plates!
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 12:56 PM   #10
Kristian Skarsfeldt
Member Kristian Skarsfeldt is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Los Angeles  CA
Posts: 100
Re: Black Friday 2014 deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Bostwick View Post
Kilo plates!
Nice! I got my kilo plates last year from MDUSA for Black Friday
__________________
WOD log, music and chicks http://bodyofnations.com partly nsfw
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Black Friday Kurt Mueller Equipment 340 12-20-2013 05:30 PM
Black Friday Jose Sanchez Equipment 34 11-28-2011 09:45 PM
black friday equipment deals? Juan Garcia Equipment 33 12-01-2010 11:46 PM
any black friday deals on equipment? Drew Armstrong Fitness 2 11-23-2010 07:16 PM
Black Friday/Cyber Monday Fitness Deals Clinton Stalker Equipment 0 11-30-2008 05:46 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
CrossFit is a registered trademark of CrossFit Inc.