CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Running a CrossFit Facility
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Running a CrossFit Facility Tips and guidance on how to open and operate a CrossFit gym.

Old 12-17-2012, 03:36 AM   #1
John Rozelle

Profile:
Exclamation 6 month life changing coaching opportunity in Jakarta at Indonesia's newest box

Come to Jakarta for a life changing experience and help spread CrossFit.

Bengkel CrossFit seeks an experienced CrossFit coach for a 6-month position helping launch Indonesia’s newest CrossFit. The box is located in Jakarta’s hottest mixed-use location, and will attract a broad range of members ranging from professionals, to entertainment industry types, and even including professional athletes. We are offering a schedule that will have you in Jakarta 3 weeks per month, the most unique ancient poly-cultural ultra-modern crazy city in Asia, and then give you one week each month to travel Southeast Asia’s amazing tropical beauty. The position includes transport to and from Jakarta, all visa processing, housing and $3,000/month base salary plus personal training revenues. This is a very livable base wage in Jakarta that will allow you to travel; and, with a heavy personal trainer culture in Jakarta, you will likely be able to more than double your income.

Applicants are required to have a CrossFit Level 1 Certification, at least 2 other CrossFit certifications, experience as a CrossFit competitor, and at least two years CrossFit coaching experience. To apply for a position, please send your resume, three references, and a short cover letter explaining why you're the obvious choice for the job to johnrozelle@gmail.com.

If you love to surf, dive, climb, explore off the beaten path places, eat spicy food, and can deal with the unpredictability of life in an emerging market, this is for you. Or perhaps you are top competitor stuck in a tough region. How would your scores stack up in the Asian Region?

The founders are two Americans, both Level 1 certified, and one Indonesian. We are and expect you to be professional, culturally sensitive, have a vast knowledge of CrossFit, desire to not only instruct but encourage your athletes to have fun, and think of yourself as an ambassador. We hope to bring on a new coach as soon as the end of January. We are strongly considering turning this into a standard “sabbatical” program for CrossFit coaches looking for a 6-month change of scenery and some inspiration, so if the time frame doesn’t work but you’re interested, please reach out.

A little on Indonesia, for the uninitiated, it is the 4th most populace country on the planet made up of over 17,000 islands holding 240 million people astride the equator. Its economy is booming, and it’s considered the next great global engine of growth. English is quite common in Jakarta and tourist destinations, and many of our athletes will have lived or gone to university abroad. Classes will be in English. Budget travel in Southeast Asia is amazing. You can hit any major Southeast Asian city in under 4 hours for just a few hundred bucks, and, once on the ground, your money goes a long way.

We think this position is a great career opportunity, a life changing experience, and a chance to impact the lives and athletic performance of a large number of people. We look forward to hearing from you! If you have additional questions, feel free to email me at johnrozelle@gmail.com
Old 01-04-2013, 01:18 AM   #2
Rene Alamsjah

Profile:
Re: 6 month life changing coaching opportunity in Jakarta at Indonesia's newest box

oh my.
This is such an unbelievable opportunity.
I wish I have the qualifications to do this!!
I've been crossfitting for a year now and I truly am so excited for whoever gets to do this in Indo.
It would be cool to blog about this experience.
I would love to hear insights about fitness in Indonesia. Indonesians sure do love their heavy rice diet.

I would love to hear also about the fitness culture in general.
Most indonesians my age ( I'm 28. Born in Canada. raised in Indonesia. now back in Canada) are workaholics. They spend most of their day in traffic, office space, family, or prayer time. It would be such an interesting dynamics incorporating crossfit lifestyle into their every day lives.

Oh. You know what would be cool ?!?!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x15By3L89PY
if you guys bring in say...crossfit enthusiasts from australia or singapore or wherever crossfit is big nearby, and bring them to travel to Bali, Raja Ampat, or Borneo.
I'd love to see that!

anyways. sorry to hijack the thread, but I'm so excited for whoever gets this opportunity.
Please follow up and update us with the progress.
good luck!