CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 08-03-2011, 05:19 PM   #1
Daniel Frankel

Profile:
SS Question?

I am supposed to do SS on friday, but am heading up to a cottage. For mondays workout, should I redo todays weights? Or should I increase to the weight I would be doing on friday?

Its not too heavy yet, so I think I will be alright to make the increase, but wanted to get some people's opinions. all of my SS info can be foudn in the log in my sig.

- Frankel
Old 08-03-2011, 05:23 PM   #2
Alex Europa

Profile:
Re: SS Question?

Do the weight from Friday's workout. The biggest problem people run into with SS is they stall because they jump through the weight too quickly. The point of the program is PROGRESSIVE overload. You can't skip workouts/weights and expect the program to remain progressive.

EDIT: Looks like I misread the question. I would do the planned weight for Friday on Monday since you aren't "skipping" anything and you're still early in the program. However, note what I said above...try to avoid missing workouts, it's a surefire way to stall.

- Alex

Last edited by Alex Europa : 08-03-2011 at 05:25 PM.
Old 08-03-2011, 05:31 PM   #3
Jonathan Vechet

Profile:

And if you haven't already, invest in some 0.5kg plates. They'll come in handy when you hit your first reset.
Old 08-03-2011, 06:09 PM   #4
Daniel Frankel

Profile:

1. Okay Ill do fridays weight on monday (if for some reason i am super beat, ill just redo todays weight)
2. I lift in lbs. but im working on finding 1.25 weights. not worth the money for the plates :P