CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 05-04-2011, 09:30 AM   #1
Samuel Lee

Profile:
Sam's Intense Summer Plan!

Hey guys. So heres my goals for this summer ( in order ): 1. Get in 'crossfit shape' and improve running. 2. Maintain or even better; increase strength slowly. 3. Mental Toughness. 4. Increase flexibility/range of motion

I came up with my own workout to accomplish this, I believe it will work, but I am a little worried about overtraining. But I plan on sleeping atleast 8 hours a day and eating lots of protein and drinking lots of milk. I have been powerlifting the past four months so my focus has been strength. My numbers are currently: Squat 275
Bench 250 Deadlift 345 Press 165.

So heres my plan: (Mobility WOD every day),
M:Wendlers Squat+1 hamstring accessory lift, followed by crossfit metcon, crossfit endurance.

T:Wendlers Bench+1 accessory lift
W:Sealfit
Th:Wendlers Deadlift+1 hamstring accessory lift
F:Wenlers Press+1 accessory lift, followed by crossfit metcon, crossfit endurance
Sat:light run, swimming
Sun:Rest

The reason I chose wendlers for maintaining/slowly increasing strength is simple: I feel like with all the other crossfit/sealfit, a quicker strength gaining routine would be overtraining. The reason I chose hamstring accessory lifts on the leg days are because my hams are my weak point in my squat. i have problems at the bottom. Again I will be drinking lots of milk and eating lots of protein. So... how does this look? Also if on my 1+ rep wendlers, if I get 3+ reps, I plan to increase the weight maybe 2.5 or 5 pound more then recomended after the deload week (ex:instead of increasing bench max by 5lb, do 7.5, possibly 10)
What do you guys think? In regards to overtraining should I just listen to my body? Thanks
ps: what should my metcons look like? mix it up? I was thinking choosing a hero/girl every time
Old 05-04-2011, 09:47 AM   #2
Joshua Gritton

Profile:
Re: Sam's Intense Summer Plan!

What is your height and weight numbers?

With a squat of 275 I don't think you need a complex plan to maintain or increase strength like Wendler's you should still be focusing on gaining up your limit strength.

Again that statement is made out of not knowing your height and weight for all i know you could weight 135 in which case a 275 squat is pretty darn good.
Old 05-04-2011, 10:23 AM   #3
Samuel Lee

Profile:
Re: Sam's Intense Summer Plan!

I'm 5'11 and weigh 180. I realize my squat is pretty low. Ive been working on getting it up the past few months, but the reason I am not doing a straight strength routine is because Im coming back to my military school in early august and will have to train the incoming freshman. I need to be an example to them by being in very good shape. I would like to be in better shape than them since I should be an inspiration in regards to fitness for them.