CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > CrossPit
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

CrossPit For discussing MMA, UFC, Pride fighting, and other martial arts

Old 03-20-2010, 10:07 PM   #11
Celio Silva

Profile:
Re: UFC Live on Versus!

Jason, you are such a hater!

Conrad, nice call on Vera by sub. There is a decent chance that might happen and I am definatelly counting on it. Despite how hesitant Vera has been lately he is a bad match up for Jones. He got the striking and the grappling to finish or beat Jones, it will all depend on Vera's heart...
Old 03-21-2010, 08:49 PM   #12
Jason R O'Dell

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celio Silva View Post
Jason, you are such a hater!

Conrad, nice call on Vera by sub. There is a decent chance that might happen and I am definatelly counting on it. Despite how hesitant Vera has been lately he is a bad match up for Jones. He got the striking and the grappling to finish or beat Jones, it will all depend on Vera's heart...
You were saying?
Old 03-22-2010, 09:18 AM   #13
Doug Blankenship

Profile:

I cannot believe some people still by the Vera hype train. The guy is overrated on every level.
Old 03-22-2010, 10:58 AM   #14
Celio Silva

Profile:

stop hating Jason

My initial reaction when I first learned about the Vera vs Jones match up was: "Jones will take Vera down and TKO him!", but then Jones started bluffing about standing with Vera and promised viewers a stand up war, so I took Vera by decision. Now what did Jones do immediatelly in the fight??? He went STRAIGHT to a clinch to take Vera down. Once Vera stood up, what did Jones do??? He IMMEDIATELLY took Vera down again.

Jones wanted absolutely NO part of Vera's stand up! The shame is on me to have believed Jones pre-fight talk, but it's really lame for a fighter to call out another fighter and then back out in the cage. As far a figher talks go, what Jones did was as lame as it gets....

I have given up on Vera loooooonnng ago, but in a stand up fight I still take him over Jones, and obviously so does Jones himself, so my call wasn't as off under the right context

In any case my picks were still 5 out of 6:

JDS KO
Kongo (almost a decision!)
Sakara
Guida
Pierce

...and I still came out black because I had Jones by TKO covered ...now, had Jones stuck to his word it would have been a very good night instead of just a good night...

Now Jason, u try pick more than one obvious fight next time ...till then is really hard to take your rubbing-it-off seriously
Old 03-22-2010, 11:04 AM   #15
Jason R O'Dell

Profile:

Quote:
stop hating Jason

My initial reaction when I first learned about the Vera vs Jones match up was: "Jones will take Vera down and TKO him!", but then Jones started bluffing about standing with Vera and promised viewers a stand up war, so I took Vera by decision. Now what did Jones do immediatelly in the fight??? He went STRAIGHT to a clinch to take Vera down. Once Vera stood up, what did Jones do??? He IMMEDIATELLY took Vera down again.

Jones wanted absolutely NO part of Vera's stand up! The shame is on me to have believed Jones pre-fight talk, but it's really lame for a fighter to call out another fighter and then back out in the cage. As far a figher talks go, what Jones did was as lame as it gets....

I have given up on Vera loooooonnng ago, but in a stand up fight I still take him over Jones, and obviously so does Jones himself, so my call wasn't as off under the right context

In any case my picks were still 5 out of 6:

JDS KO
Kongo (almost a decision!)
Sakara
Guida
Pierce

...and I still came out black because I had Jones by TKO covered ...now, had Jones stuck to his word it would have been a very good night instead of just a good night...

Now Jason, u try pick more than one obvious fight next time ...till then is really hard to take your rubbing-it-off seriously
I was just referring to the fact you picked Vera and Jones won. I don't care about your other fight picks and I didn't pick them. I just don't like Vera and enjoyed watching him get hurt.
Old 03-22-2010, 11:36 AM   #16
Celio Silva

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason R O'Dell View Post
I was just referring to the fact you picked Vera and Jones won. I don't care about your other fight picks and I didn't pick them. I just don't like Vera and enjoyed watching him get hurt.
Yeah I know Jason. It's obvious you were "just" talking about my Vera vs Jones pick. I wasn't writing to you, but rather to everyone on this thread who actually participated on picking fights. Thanks for playing guys! I appreciate yall putting your picks on the line here. Keep it coming...

So BTW Jason, when is the next time you get to root against another fighter you hate again?? I know Nate Marquadt is not fighting for a while, so it might be long before you have a reason to watch another UFC again...

Or maybe not! Let me guess: you are hoping Mir will get his face smashed by Carwin so you can "enjoy" the fight
Old 03-22-2010, 11:44 AM   #17
Jason R O'Dell

Profile:

Quote:
Yeah I know Jason. It's obvious you were "just" talking about my Vera vs Jones pick. I wasn't writing to you, but rather to everyone on this thread who actually participated on picking fights. Thanks for playing guys! I appreciate yall putting your picks on the line here. Keep it coming...

So BTW Jason, when is the next time you get to root against another fighter you hate again?? I know Nate Marquadt is not fighting for a while, so it might be long before you have a reason to watch another UFC again...

Or maybe not! Let me guess: you are hoping Mir will get his face smashed by Carwin so you can "enjoy" the fight
I do dislike Frank Mir greatly.
Old 03-22-2010, 01:42 PM   #18
Matt Rexin

Profile:

Quote:

You forgot about GSP, but I think even Jason will admit that he's not really in any jeopardy of getting destroyed against Hardy.
Old 03-22-2010, 02:17 PM   #19
Ryan Hoegner

Profile:

so when is Vera going to hold the HW and LHW belt at the same time...anytime soon? LOL
Old 03-22-2010, 04:14 PM   #20
Celio Silva

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason R O'Dell View Post
I do dislike Frank Mir greatly.