CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 02-18-2010, 05:11 PM   #61
Drew Cloutier

Profile:
Re: John Broz - Thoughts on Training volume

Michael you're wanting proof that other systems work besides bulgarian? Or did I misunderstand?
Old 02-18-2010, 05:57 PM   #62
Jamie J. Skibicki

Profile:

Mark,

I can't remember, did you answer Glenn's question about the lifters he mentioned being on drugs?
Old 02-18-2010, 06:06 PM   #63
Michael R. Miller

Profile:

No I simply stating that anytime either Glenn or Brian posted anything about how this type of training showed improvements his counter was that AAS is the only way to train and show any real results which is not true. He never really made a point and when the attempts to show him proof were given he had nothing but a smart a$$ remark about oh so if I call these people up and ask that clears up that they are not using steroids. It doesnt serve to help the discussion. He's not asking questions just trying to be controversial it seems. Either add something relevant to the discussion instead of AAS this and AAS that.

Last edited by Michael R. Miller : 02-18-2010 at 06:11 PM.
Old 02-18-2010, 10:43 PM   #64
Drew Cloutier

Profile:

Like xfit, and not everyone using it, people using bulgarian method have to understand its not everyones cup of tea, and there are plenty of other methods to get similar/same results.

Personally i'd never train bulgarian...i'd find it boring, way to repetitive and long. But that's me, others LOVE IT.
Old 02-19-2010, 05:09 PM   #65
Michael R. Miller

Profile:

In that Drew you are very correct. I personally love the Bulgarian style, something about simplicty and maxing out appeals to my nature. However there are days where I need a little something more and I do a CF WOD and whatever the heavy lift for the day is on top of my O-lifting. Again I can handle this type of volume because I have been training this way for about a year now. Like you said though not everyones cup of tea, much like anything in this world.
Old 03-05-2010, 11:48 AM   #66
Graeme Howland

Profile:

New thread, Broz is back answering questions:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post450142851 (possibly WFS, fitness model supplement ad banners)

One of his lifters was 2nd in the US junior nationals in 94kg, and he mentioned he has been playing football and training with the football guys which probably lowered his numbers a bit. Still impressive, too bad Mendes is injured and didn't lift he likely would have dominated +105kg.