CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 09-11-2009, 09:22 PM   #21
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:
Re: Announcing the EXF Rings

Nice, Tyler. I like setting up my rings on football fieldgoals as they are one of the highest things I can get access to and throw it over and adjust. That way I can free hang with straight legs.
Old 09-12-2009, 05:03 AM   #22
Alicia Michel

Profile:

Love the measurements on straps Tyler! I don't know whether it is a good or bad thing that my current Elite rings are still in a great condition!!!
Old 09-13-2009, 03:42 PM   #23
Tyler Hass

Profile:

I just posted an excerpt of my new book, Ring Training for Elite Fitness. It covers Extended Set Training, which is a great method for achieving higher reps in just about any exercise. It's a relatively low volume approach, so a CrossFitter can squeeze it into their routine if they have a specific goal to work on.
Here's the link: http://www.ringtraining.com/blog/tra...-training.html

The eBook will be included with every order of EXF Rings. I'm putting the finishing touches on it now, so I should have it ready to e-mail early next week. The EXF Rings started shipping last Thursday, so hopefully people will receive the guide at about the same time as their rings.
Thanks,
Tyler
www.ringtraining.com
Old 09-19-2009, 05:13 PM   #24
Dave Matteson

Profile:

Hey Tyler, the idea of measured straps is great, however there's a significant problem.

If the two straps you get with the rings are stitched in different places, as mine are, when you go and hang the rings, the markings do not line up. In my case, there's almost a three inch difference between comparable markings.

Your manufacturer needs to address this problem as it effectively eliminates the convenience of having measured straps.

Any chance on getting replacement straps that are stitched correctly/evenly?
Old 09-19-2009, 11:01 PM   #25
Tyler Hass

Profile:

Dave,
Absolutely, I will replace it. They should be exactly the same length. We have a pretty clear cut procedure for how the straps are to be sewn on. We actually use the markings as a guide. One of the sewers must not have been on board. I am completely out of inventory right now. The first batch sold extremely quickly.
If anyone else has this issue, just shoot me an e-mail and I will get you taken care of as soon as I can get replacements. info@ringtraining.com
Till then, you'll just have to think of them as "ordinary" straps. I'm sorry for that.
Thanks,
Tyler
ringtraining.com
Old 09-20-2009, 02:07 AM   #26
Alex Woodland

Profile:

Wow is all I can say to these. Going to have to order a pair ASAP.

Last edited by Alex Woodland : 09-20-2009 at 02:17 AM.
Old 09-20-2009, 03:55 AM   #27
Alex Woodland

Profile:

Ooops it seems i've ordered a pair
Old 09-20-2009, 03:34 PM   #28
Tim Randall

Profile:

Tyler,

I just got my eXF rings on Wednesday (UPS waiting for me when I got home from trip!
I ordered the Elite11 and you evidently didn't have them (website shows now out of stock) No worry after seeing the EXF's up close and personal, they are worth the extra $11 especially for the versatility!--As a new Cross-Fitter at age 57 I am really stoked to have them at home to learn on at my "scaled pace".
I live in Battle Ground WA and it is always a thrill to see a local guy launch his own business/product and make a go at it! Best Success to you! (Go Cougars)

Chaplain Tim
Old 09-20-2009, 04:43 PM   #29
Watson Bishop

Profile:

I just ordered a set of the rings, but it looks like you don't have any to ship at this time. Hopefully, I won't have to wait too long to get them. I am looking forward to learning new exercises with them. Will you email me the manual or do I go somewhere to download it?
Old 09-20-2009, 06:17 PM   #30
Tyler Hass

Profile:

Hi Watson,
We should have some more back in stock later next week. We will be hand inspecting the straps, so that might delay shipments till early the following week. But they will ship as soon as perfect (and possible).
I am putting the finishing touches on a new eBook called Ring Training for Elite Strength. I will be sending a copy to everyone that has purchased the EXF Rings. Till then, you can download a copy of the previous training guide from your order confirmation e-mail. Just click on the name of the product and it will start downloading.
Thanks,
Tyler