CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > CrossPit
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

CrossPit For discussing MMA, UFC, Pride fighting, and other martial arts

Old 04-30-2009, 12:27 PM   #11
Jeffrey Crawford

Profile:
Re: Anderson Silva is to fight Forest Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augustine Castronovo View Post
fedor would crush him, but has a 50 pound weight advantage. silva will beat griffin.
anderson walks around 220 and fedor around 235....thats around 15-20 pounds...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celio Silva View Post
...which is impossible against the Spider.....

Really, cote and leites seem to do ok and forrest is more complete then either of them.
Old 04-30-2009, 12:38 PM   #12
Stu Christensen

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey Crawford View Post
Really, cote and leites seem to do ok and forrest is more complete then either of them.
I agree... this one is tough to call. Griffin beat Shogun, and NO ONE thought that was possible.
Old 04-30-2009, 01:16 PM   #13
Kevin Cox

Profile:

I really like the match up. I wouldnt under-estimate forest. He seems to thrive in the underdog role... if the spider wins he will be a legitamite threat at 205.(i think he already is). Does Silva really walk around at 220? that kinda suprises me. that is alot of weight to cut to get down to 185.
Old 04-30-2009, 03:32 PM   #14
Jason R O'Dell

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey Crawford View Post

That wasn't a focused Silva. He didn't take those fights seriously. People look at those fights and say "Well I mean look at Silva! He's overrated. He had trouble putting either of them away."
Yet they forget his complete dissection and murder of Rich Franklinx2 and Marquadt who are both way better and more complete fighters than Cote or Leites.
Motivation and focus can play a big part.
Old 04-30-2009, 05:42 PM   #15
Ned Ferguson

Profile:

Silva is the favorite, no doubt about it - but I hope Forest nails him. I am itching for Silva to get beat. For some reason, I have no emotional attachment to Silva at all as a potential fan. I think it may have something to do with how easily everything seems to be coming to him. And his hip-swinging victory dance looks g*y.
Old 04-30-2009, 07:38 PM   #16
Matt Rexin

Profile:

Im waiting for Silva to move up to 205 and hopefully throw down with someone who won't be afraid to throw down with him: Rashad Evans. Even if the guy is cocky, he has some decent striking skills and it'd be interesting to see someone with real potential knockout power fight Silva.
Old 04-30-2009, 08:21 PM   #17
Jason R O'Dell

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Rexin View Post
Im waiting for Silva to move up to 205 and hopefully throw down with someone who won't be afraid to throw down with him: Rashad Evans. Even if the guy is cocky, he has some decent striking skills and it'd be interesting to see someone with real potential knockout power fight Silva.
Rashad has got this weird scary hidden power in his hands. It's like a special attack in an Anime. I just picture Rashad flying through the air to punch somebody with crazy music playing and the background just an assortment of colorful lines while he yells "Rolling thunder dragon ultra dynamite punch!"
Old 05-01-2009, 04:37 AM   #18
Jeffrey Crawford

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason R O'Dell View Post
That wasn't a focused Silva. He didn't take those fights seriously. People look at those fights and say "Well I mean look at Silva! He's overrated. He had trouble putting either of them away."
Yet they forget his complete dissection and murder of Rich Franklinx2 and Marquadt who are both way better and more complete fighters than Cote or Leites.
Motivation and focus can play a big part.
I agree for the most part with this thought pattern. I think anderson has a hype that surrounds him like chute box did in pride. People come in and are already defeated mentally. With this being said, Forrest won't be scared and could be just the man to upset Anderson.
Old 05-01-2009, 07:53 AM   #19
Scott Stevens

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned Ferguson View Post
Silva is the favorite, no doubt about it - but I hope Forest nails him. I am itching for Silva to get beat. For some reason, I have no emotional attachment to Silva at all as a potential fan. I think it may have something to do with how easily everything seems to be coming to him. And his hip-swinging victory dance looks g*y.
I just want to see him get his *** kicked so he starts fighting like he means it again. Lately he's been a really defensive fighter keeping track of the scorecard, no risk.
Old 05-02-2009, 10:55 PM   #20
Celio Silva

Profile:

and the Spider hate continue

yall outta watch his fight against Leites again... maybe sober... even Greg Jackson has spoken up in disbelief at how people fail to see the BEAUTY of Andersons' performance in that fight...

"I think it may have something to do with how easily everything seems to be coming to him" u serious Ned???