CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 08-11-2011, 07:21 AM   #11
James Orr

Profile:
Re: DeFranco's "Built Like a Badass" e-book

Thanks, guys. I'm just letting my body adjust to some dietary changes right now and following a basic strength + metcon template, but I'm going to either pickup with either Chris' or Kane's program in a few weeks.
Old 08-11-2011, 11:03 AM   #12
Michael R. Miller

Profile:

That comment he made about CrossFit was a looooooooong time ago like a year or more and its just now coming to late???? And if thats the only way you know of Defranco then you do not deserve to call yourself a coach. And he didnt just randomly mention it either he was asked What do you think of CrossFit I think from the guy at t-nation if I remember the article correctly.
Old 08-11-2011, 01:40 PM   #13
Mark Boyle

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael R. Miller View Post
That comment he made about CrossFit was a looooooooong time ago like a year or more and its just now coming to late???? And if thats the only way you know of Defranco then you do not deserve to call yourself a coach. And he didnt just randomly mention it either he was asked What do you think of CrossFit I think from the guy at t-nation if I remember the article correctly.
Actually, he commented on it in his most recent "Ask Joe" write-up on his website.
http://www.defrancostraining.com/ask-joe.html (wfs)
Old 08-11-2011, 01:57 PM   #14
Greg Pellegrini

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Bell View Post
You just posted while I was posting, but I agree. If you are on the cf boards, and want more strength, Westside CF is one of the better programs, WAY above WS4SB.
When you say Westside CF are you referring to Chris Mason's Conjugate CF? Or is there another program out there that is a mix of WS and CF that I am unaware of?
Old 08-11-2011, 03:12 PM   #15
James Orr

Profile:

Greg, if you search the first or second page of the Fitness forum, you'll see a thread Kane started. He's currently doing his own special blend of Westside and CrossFit. The journal turns up a few various hits as well if you search for conjugate.
Old 08-11-2011, 03:27 PM   #16
Aushion Chatman

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Boyle View Post
Actually, he commented on it in his most recent "Ask Joe" write-up on his website.
http://www.defrancostraining.com/ask-joe.html (wfs)
I just read that first Q&A, I don't really get his analogy, I think a wiffle ball and baseball are both light enough to have the same speed at your hand as you release...The difference in distance has a lot more to do with design (holes in the wiffle ball) and air friction than anything else???

Anyway sort of off topic, I just found that analogy really strange and not the best. Though I understand what he means.
Old 08-11-2011, 04:20 PM   #17
Andrew Bell

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Pellegrini View Post
When you say Westside CF are you referring to Chris Mason's Conjugate CF? Or is there another program out there that is a mix of WS and CF that I am unaware of?
They are one in the same.