CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > CrossPit
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

CrossPit For discussing MMA, UFC, Pride fighting, and other martial arts

Old 05-17-2010, 05:48 AM   #11
Ned Ferguson

Profile:
Re: StrikeForce "Heavy Artillery" on May15th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Rexin View Post
Overeem throwing Rogers to the mat looked to me initially like Rogers tripped up and fell on his own. However, if Overeem did actually throw him, he made that look easy. I'm not certain that Overeem's use of PED's helped him defeat Rogers: Rogers fought a completely different fight than when he fought Fedor, he was backing away and not engaging. Overeem dominated via superior striking and overall superior skills.

The fight with Fedor-Overeem will be pretty exciting, Fedor hasn't fought someone like Overeem in quite some time. However, I have confidence that he will find a way to win, like he always does.

On a different note, was it just me or was Arloski's striking WORSE than the last time he fought? I thought he wanted to be a professional boxer, yet he stood flat footed, didn't really throw any good combinations and let Silva get the better of him throughout the fight.
Rogers was definitely off balance. I hope we get to see Fedor v. Overeem. I too think Fedor will find a way to win. No one can say that Overeem is not a threat.