CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 02-09-2006, 10:15 AM   #1
Chris Forbis

Profile:
Searching the board tells me these things have been identified as indicators of needing to add fat blocks to a Zone diet: general fatigue, poor workout peformance, and perpetual, gnawing hunger.

What about being devastated post-workout? My energy during the day is good, my workout performance is in line with what it has been, and I am not hungry during the day. But metabolically demanding WODs have been DESTROYING me as of late. Tabata Something Else this morning had me fighting back Pukie for 40 minutes before I could even get up to take a shower. I couldn't eat until nearly 2 hours after the workout. Now, 5 and half hours later, I am still jittery.

I am hypothesizing that I need to up the fat. So I'm increasing my fat multiplier by 1x and will see if I start to recover any better. But maybe this is the standard "Mess You Up" of Crossfit, though I tend to doubt it because I have been doing this for awhile and this is new.

Does anyone have any other indicators of needing to up fat intake? Or thoughts on my situation?
Old 02-09-2006, 02:56 PM   #2
Greg Battaglia

Profile:
Maybe you're overtraining. When was the last time you took a little bit of time off?
Old 02-09-2006, 04:50 PM   #3
Chris Forbis

Profile:
New Years since I've had time off.

Usually when I feel overtrained I have a hard time getting motivated for workouts. No problem there. Pre-workout I am really pumped for the workout. It is post-workout when I bonk.

I feel like the higher fat intake during the day today helped out as the day went by. Will keep this thread posted as to my results of how I feel after my next metabolically intense WOD.
Old 02-09-2006, 06:44 PM   #4
Kurt Ronald Mueller

Profile:

Chris, definitely keep me updated. I feel like I do a lot better with higher fat diets. I'm pretty liberal with the olive oil and can still remain at a constant weight.

Kurt