CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 10-28-2009, 07:49 PM   #1
Gary Ohm

Profile:
Looking for Rings

I am in the market for a set (or several sets) of the old style Elite II rings. The new EXF ones look *****in', but I don't need the multiple grips. I love the feel of the Steel Rogue rings, but I need plastic in this particular case. Coach Sommer's rings are a bit thinner than the Elite ones so that is why I prefer the Elites. If anyone is looking to upgrade their rings I would like to take your old ones off your hands. I need the straps too.
I'm hoping to pay no more than $30 USD shipped to California. I can do paypal if that works best. Thanks in advance.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:34 AM   #2
Aaron Gainer

Profile:
Re: Looking for Rings

Get the EXF rings honestly. I have both the rogue and the EXF and love the feel of both rings. I prefer the easier strapping system of the rogues over the EXF's, but then again I just received mine a week ago and will get easier as time goes on!!!
Old 10-29-2009, 12:12 PM   #3
dale milam

Profile:

get the new EXF rings. they are so sweet!! i really like the padded area.
Old 11-11-2009, 09:07 AM   #4
Gary Ohm

Profile:

I'm hijacking my own thread now... I was searching the net for different sources of rings and came across these from torque athletics:
http://www.torqueathletic.com/ns/cat...hp?prod=MA13-1YOU MUST ANNOTATE ALL LINKS WHETHER WORK AND FAMILY SAFE.

These would be for my own use at home and for driving vacations. I really like the idea of the larger than life diameter of the two inchers... The downside is that they are hugely expensive and still steel. But they are "rated" at 3500 pounds. Does anyone have any experience at all with these?

I know I'm contradicting myself compared to my first post, but my ideas are evolving...
Old 11-11-2009, 04:12 PM   #5
Jeremy Galo

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Ohm View Post
I'm hijacking my own thread now... I was searching the net for different sources of rings and came across these from torque athletics:
http://www.torqueathletic.com/ns/cat...hp?prod=MA13-1YOU MUST ANNOTATE ALL LINKS WHETHER WORK AND FAMILY SAFE.

These would be for my own use at home and for driving vacations. I really like the idea of the larger than life diameter of the two inchers... The downside is that they are hugely expensive and still steel. But they are "rated" at 3500 pounds. Does anyone have any experience at all with these?

I know I'm contradicting myself compared to my first post, but my ideas are evolving...
No experience but those look cool! I may pick up a set of those eventually when my muscle-ups become [GASP!] too easy
Old 11-15-2009, 05:54 AM   #6
Clay Jones

Profile:

I love the Elite rings, tho the EXF do look nice. I bet someone has an extra set out there.
Old 11-15-2009, 07:40 PM   #7
Brian Russell

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Jones View Post
I love the Elite rings, tho the EXF do look nice. I bet someone has an extra set out there.
I wish I just had 1 set of the EXF rings. I ordered them 2 weeks ago, and still no word on when they will even ship...