CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > In Sickness and In Health > Health and Medical Issues
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Health and Medical Issues For other than injuries

Old 11-25-2008, 05:00 PM   #1
Casey Graham

Profile:
Push jerk/press back pain

i keep over arching and hyperextending my back doing push presses and push jerks. how can i correct this?

should be in the injuries forum, sorry

Last edited by Casey Graham : 11-25-2008 at 05:09 PM.
Old 11-25-2008, 09:14 PM   #2
Carter Jee

Profile:
Re: Push jerk/press back pain

there's a really good video in the crossfit journal by adrian bozman that helps explains the mechanics in the push press.... including the overarching...

it comes down from not pushing the bar directly overhead. Rather you push the bar forwards... as a result you try to compensate, and the only way you compensate is to arch your back....

my trainer corrected this major fault of mine the other day... he said that it's safer to dump the bar rather than arch your back...

hope this helps!!!

carter