CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 08-02-2004, 05:16 AM   #1
Brad Y

Profile:  
Does anyone on the board do crossfit in the Northern VA area?
Old 08-02-2004, 09:11 AM   #2
Paul M

Profile:

Brad,

Where in Northern Virginia are you?

I've been living in Arlington and doing some modified Crossfit workouts at a local Gold's. This weekend, though, I just moved to a rental house in Falls Church with a garage. I just bought a power cage and plan on doing a Crossfit/Olympic lifting/powerlifting hybrid at home. Things are far from set up, but hopefully will be relatively soon. Unpacking the boxes in the house and cleaning out my old apartment come first! You'd be welcome to stop by for a workout once things are set up. It'll be low tech! Here's a couple of posts about my gym and workout plans:

http://www.crossfit.com/discus/messages/21/4639.html
http://www.crossfit.com/discus/messages/26/4667.html

There was a post a while back where a couple of us expressed frustration at the lack of good gyms in the area:

http://www.crossfit.com/discus/messages/26/3557.html

Anyways, I'll let you know when I get something set up in my garage!

-Paul
Old 08-02-2004, 09:26 AM   #3
Brad Y

Profile:  
Paul,

I live in Loudoun county, but actually work in Falls Church. I have a pullup bar, weight set, and kettlebells. I just received rings this week and hope to purchase a rower soon. Shoot me an email if you would like to meet up for a workout.
dbyowell@hotmail.com
Old 08-02-2004, 09:51 AM   #4
Ross Hunt

Profile:
I live in Annapolis, MD. I've got KBs, rowers, rings, pull-up bars, med balls, power cage, etcetera, at my gym.

Ross Hunt

Orestes122484@hotmail.com
Old 08-02-2004, 10:53 AM   #5
Paul M

Profile:

With a few more people, a Crossfit Capital City might be in order :happy:

I'm definitely up for a workout, but it probably can't happen in the next week or two. But here's my email: paulmelbs@hotmail.com

A Saturday trip to Annapolis might be in order in the near future, as well. Is this at your own place, or a commercial gym?

-Paul
Old 08-02-2004, 12:34 PM   #6
Emil Berengut

Profile:
guys,last I heard there was Crossfit/Haganah/BJJ place opening up in Northern VA.
Old 08-22-2004, 02:11 PM   #7
John Frazer

Profile:
I live in Alexandria, work in DC and go to school in Arlington. Most of the facilities around here are terrible, and I do my workouts at various places -- local parks, rec centers, the "exercise room" of my condo complex, and my living room.

The good news is that school is near the Arlington YMCA and I get a student discount ... the Y is pretty well stocked on barbells and dumbbells and benches, and has 2 Concept IIs and an assisted pullup/dip machine. The bad news is the ceilings are too low for most overhead lifting, at least at my height.

John