CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Testimonials
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Testimonials CrossFit's successes / your achievements

Old 08-11-2005, 12:36 PM   #1
Brad Williams

Profile:

Crossfit is good....

I have two testimonials to make in this post.

#1.
Today I ran my first 10 k since November 2004. At that time I could usually pull in around 45 to 47 minutes for the same distance. My longest runs between November and today have been about 7 or maybe 8 k and I could count them on one hand. I have been doing the wod since the beginning or middle of March. Since then my efforts have been 5 k's only and they have only been done when the wod calls for it. TOday I came in at 42:08. A 3 to 5 minute improvemnet. Admittedly, I am not shattering any records with this time, however for being 6'4 and 210lbs I feel like it is OK - especially since I have not really been running all that much.
I was as surprised as I was happy with my time. I have been sold on Crossfit since my first week however I have truly been skeptical about its' crossover to LSD efforts. As of today I am convinced otherwise and I can now preach even louder about the benefits of this awesome program.

#2.
About five weeks ago a young guy around 20 years old came to me and told me that he was having trouble passing the physical requirement for joining the Canadian Military. He weighed 260lbs and was obviously unsure what route to take to improve his fitness. After a quick chat about nutrition and committment to an exercise program I put him on a real basic diet of the following:

Day 1,
Modified Angie
50 burpees
50 push ups
50 situps
50 squats

Day 2,
Modified Kelly
Run 400 m
30 box jumps
30 clean and press(any rock or other heavy and liftable thing he could find)
5 rounds

Day 3
20 burpees
400m run
30 push ups
400m run
40 mountain climbers
400m run
50 walking lunge
400m run

Days off were to consist of any other walking or light jogging that he could fit into his week.

After meeting that day he rearranged his diet and rotated through the above workouts 3 days on and one day off. That was five weeks ago. Today he walked into the gym and he had dropped 20 lbs and could get through all the sets in day three's workout without a break. When we first met he could barely do 12 push ups in a row and cold not complete 15 sit ups.
I am not exactly sure whether or not he is ready for his next physical test but I feel quite confident saying that he is certainly well on his way.

Once again, crossfit is good.