CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout of the Day
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout of the Day Questions & performance regarding CrossFit's WOD

Old 09-05-2007, 07:45 AM   #1
Justin Triquet

Profile:
Substitution in "Nancy"

I am a personal trainer and a a varsity soccer coach that does somewhere between 300-500 air squats nearly every day (not every, but 4- 6 days a weeks) with either clients, my team, or when training myself. I wanted to substitute 5 OHS in Nancy for 15 squats. So, 5 pullups, 10 pushups, and 5 OHS. Didn't know if anyone has done this before and was wondering about experience, weight used (I am 6'1 199lbs 7 %bf) etc. I am going to do this anyway in a couple hours, but would love some feedback prior to!!! Thanks!!!
Old 09-05-2007, 08:32 AM   #2
Ben Kaminski

Profile:
Re: Substitution in "Nancy"

I think you might mean Cindy instead of Nancy? The workout you describe is Cindy, anyway. I would say go for it, 5 using a 45# bar would be good, or 15 using PVC.

Have fun!
Old 09-05-2007, 09:11 AM   #3
Justin Triquet

Profile:

You know, I have always had a hard time with females names!! lol! You know, I knew it was Cindy, yet I still wrote Nancy! Gonna be one of those days. Well, my wife Shirley...ah Barbara, .....I mean Dona should be in for a surprise!! Thanks for the imput! I'm gonna hit it here in about 30 minutes!!! I'll post results!!
Old 09-05-2007, 03:41 PM   #4
Derek Maffett

Profile:

Fine idea, but you might want to pay closer attention to where you post a subject next time. It's happened to me too.

45 lb OHS sounds good to me. You will get plenty of practice.
Old 09-05-2007, 04:09 PM   #5
Brandon Oto

Profile:

I realized yesterday that if I ever have a daughter, I'm going to have trouble naming her. Half of the common girl's names have bad associatons with me now
Old 09-06-2007, 03:20 AM   #6
Justin Triquet

Profile:
My First Cindy (modified)

Because I do so many flippin airsquats during work and coaching varstiy soccer, that I replaced the squats with 10 OHS using 95lbs! It was my first time attempting Cindy, and it was absolutely fantastic!! Can't wait to do it again! On to the next girl!! lol !!
Old 09-06-2007, 04:45 PM   #7
Ryan Long

Profile:

Quite the opposite. I have two daughters and am considering having another just so I can name her Nancy! What a bad a##!