CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > In Sickness and In Health > Injuries
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Injuries Chronic & Acute

Old 07-29-2007, 07:24 AM   #1
Mike Gray

Profile:
Rats!

Just as I was starting to get on a roll with Starting Strength - and just when I finally started getting proper squat depth - I seem to have done something to bother my right adductor. I don't feel it much under normal circumstances, but when I go all the way to the bottom of a squat there's some pain on the inside, right where my thigh connects to, well, my crotch.

I worked through it a couple of times - but it stuck around for over a week and started getting just a little worse. So I've taken almost a whole week off weights (though I've had two training session with sprinting and cuts) - but I still feel it as soon as I go into a squat.

You guys have any good advice for me? I'm assuming that it's just a matter of my body getting used to proper squats. What I don't know is whether I can afford to ignore it and just plow through the pain or whether I really need to stay away from full depth squats until the pain is completely gone.

It's frustrating!
Old 07-29-2007, 08:58 AM   #2
George Mounce

Profile:
Stop until the pain is gone. Pain is your body's way of saying, I'm hurt!

Yes we have the pain of defeat, pain of being a panzy, no pain no gain, yadda yadda, but in the end real pain is your nerves saying LAY OFF.

If you keep working the injury, you are liable to remain hurt. If you allow your body to heal, and make sure you warm-up completely and well before each session you will be back in no time.

I've rolled each of my ankles at least 6 times because of continuing when I should have stopped. If I even feel the "twinge" of my ankle rolling, I quit immediately, stretch, and ice/heat. After 2 months of physical therapy on both ankles year back I've learned the value of listening to what my body is trying to say, and the value of a good warm-up.

(Message edited by gdmv on July 29, 2007)