CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Pukie's Bucket
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pukie's Bucket Bogus threads, trolls, and other malarkey

Old 04-25-2013, 06:07 PM   #31
Lisbeth Darsh

Profile:
Re: Does Crossfit Really Exist?

Double thread. Party foul.

I responded in the other one. Admins (the imaginary ones, because we don't exist) should delete one of these threads.

Old 04-25-2013, 07:32 PM   #32
Rick Sigel

Profile:
Re: Does CrossFit Really Exist?

Very funny Lisbeth - but I actually tracked down a phone # for the D.C. office address lsited on the page and, as I mentioned earlier in the thread, I called, left a message (twice) - with no answer. I also sent emails to two of the addresses on the contact page - again, no response. Silly me, I thought there might actually be names of human beings available to talk to. I do CrossFit 3-4 times a week so I undersand the "culture" aspect. But I also understand business and professionalism - and it is simply not businesslike and not professional for a business to be so un-reachable and un-communicative. Before you try to tell me again about the purity of the CrossFit fitness motivation and the culture, please remember that unless they are giving the service away for free, it's a business too.
As I said, I have a family member that owns the CF box where I workout. He does it because he loves it BUT he also does it to earn money for his family - it's not a hobby or cult pursuit - it's a business and a passion.

Old 04-25-2013, 08:04 PM   #33
Mark E. Wallace

Profile:

I'm not sure that the title of this thread, combined with the sarcastic response to Lisbeth, reflects "understanding business and professionalism."

To me this just seems like another person trying to jump on the Crossfit bandwagon and get to the affiliates through HQ.

If you want to get to the affiliates, do the legwork on your own. I doubt that there's a snowball's chance in Hades that HQ is going to give you the time of day.

- Mark

Old 04-26-2013, 12:03 AM   #34
Brian Strump

Profile:

Is this really happening?

As an affiliate owner, I'm not interested. If I wanted to save money on my cell phone bill, I would contact my provider when my contract is over, and tell them I'm switching carriers.

This is one of the strangest threads I've seen in a while. Surprised it hasn't been put in the basket yet.

Old 04-26-2013, 07:04 AM   #35
Alex Romero

Profile:

You have to understand that these folks probably get bombarded with cold calls from folks like you (who have something "amazing" to offer them) on a routine basis. I work in Corporate Finance for a large company and I get routine calls from vendors looking to sell us something like a fantastic software package that will close our books around the world in 2 days with no human involvement needed (sarcasm). Frankly I screen outside numbers and 99% of the time I don't call them back. I'm just too busy to listen to a sales pitch on something that is not an obvious problem. I'm guessing you could be dealing with a similar issue. Anyway good luck hope it all works out.

Old 04-26-2013, 08:21 AM   #36
Bryan Kemper

Profile:

The businesses that get an affiliates business do so because they have shown that they provide a quality and consistent product with the best interest of the affiliate and individual CrossFitter in mind, not because they are "suggested" or "recommended" or "endorsed" by CFHQ. As an affiliate owner, show me why your product is better than the rest and it will sell itself regardless of what CFHQ thinks.

This way of thinking is exactly why the Anthos deal did not get any traction with CFHQ or Coach Glassman, based on what I have seen and heard. Affiliates will make their own decisions based on what is best for their individual business and what is best for their clients.

If you need CFHQ to contact my affiliate, then I don't need or want your business.

Old 04-26-2013, 08:27 AM   #37
Bobbie Sage

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Kemper View Post
If you need CFHQ to contact my affiliate, then I don't need or want your business.

Old 04-26-2013, 08:41 AM   #38
Bobbie Sage

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Sigel View Post

So, here's a worldwide organization with no contact information even for their franchisees - hence my tongue in cheek question about existence!
We are not franchisees and if you want to sell something to the affiliates you need to contact them yourself.

Old 04-26-2013, 09:58 AM   #39
Christopher Morris

Profile:

Rick - I don't know how you would imagine HQ to help. Would the conversation go something like, "Now that you've received your affiliation, we'd like to offer you a discount on your cell phone plan. Sign up now, and once we get 1,000 others to sign up, you'll get your discount"? Personally, I don't like sales like that. If I think I need a service, I'll seek it out. It's irritating to be offered something I didn't seek out myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Sigel View Post
If you were ordering equipment from Rogue or Muscle Driver and they offered better pricing for CF affiliates - wouldn't you want to know and take advantage of that? How is this any different?
If you watched the video Rob posted, Greg Glassman says, "Rogue didn't ask us for anything. The guys at Behind the Whiteboard didn't ask us for anything." They just marketed their (directly fitness related) product directly to the affiliates.

I think you're frustrated because you haven't understood HQ's business model, and your approach doesn't fit their model.

Old 05-01-2013, 01:07 PM   #40
Joshua Murphy

Profile:

Rick,
Glad you enjoy CrossFit and I am happy for your box owning relative. Maybe start with their box and show some success. Otherwise, these threads are too commercial per the message board rules. Shutting them down, nothing personal.

"Warp Spasm" courtesy of http://www.anne-madden.com/LeBPages/...bration21.html (WFS)