CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 09-21-2009, 12:52 PM   #281
Bert Brams

Profile:
Re: Bert's Crossfit Journal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon Robotham View Post
Hope the shoulder doesn't cause you too many problems, i've got an RC issue and it can be a b*tch sometimes
That sucks man. Hope it too ... as long as I don't bench press too often I'm good, but I think my sh*tty form on overhead squats has to do with it. I sat back way too far, causing the bar to be to the back too far, putting tons of pressure on the shoulders ... ugh. Enthusiasm is seldom rewarded.
Gonna try to bring my full squat back from the dead and put on some kilos again on my skinny *ss.
100m sprint: 10:97 - BW:165 My now or never log
Old 09-21-2009, 12:55 PM   #282
Leon Robotham

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Brams View Post
That sucks man. Hope it too ... as long as I don't bench press too often I'm good, but I think my sh*tty form on overhead squats has to do with it. I sat back way too far, causing the bar to be to the back too far, putting tons of pressure on the shoulders ... ugh. Enthusiasm is seldom rewarded.
Gonna try to bring my full squat back from the dead and put on some kilos again on my skinny *ss.
Ah, not the best. Keep working on that form and you'll be fine, shoulder dislocates as a warm-up might help you a bit. What weight are you looking at getting up to ?
Old 09-21-2009, 02:36 PM   #283
Chris Kemp

Profile:

Quote:
You're kind nuts for doing it two days in a row man

How did it go?
Mate - I did 6 rounds in 6:23 - nothing like the Robot's time but much better than the brain fart the day before

Cheers, kempie
Old 09-21-2009, 11:40 PM   #284
Bert Brams

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kemp View Post
Mate - I did 6 rounds in 6:23 - nothing like the Robot's time but much better than the brain fart the day before

Cheers, kempie
That's still impressive mate. That's like a PR overnight.

Quote:
Ah, not the best. Keep working on that form and you'll be fine, shoulder dislocates as a warm-up might help you a bit. What weight are you looking at getting up to ?
You mean bodyweight? Around 75-76 kilos would be nice, because I'm looking slightly anorexic at the moment.
What concerns squats ... they're not my prime directive at this moment, but I'd say an easy 160-170 olympic squat should be doable.

I might train again for a powerlifting meet later this year and then I'll go for the holy 200kg olympic squat with a belt.

It'll have to compensate my 20kg bench press.
Old 09-22-2009, 05:16 AM   #285
Leon Robotham

Profile:

Quote:
That's still impressive mate. That's like a PR overnight.

You mean bodyweight? Around 75-76 kilos would be nice, because I'm looking slightly anorexic at the moment.
What concerns squats ... they're not my prime directive at this moment, but I'd say an easy 160-170 olympic squat should be doable.

I might train again for a powerlifting meet later this year and then I'll go for the holy 200kg olympic squat with a belt.

It'll have to compensate my 20kg bench press.
Nice mate, very nice indeed. Snce watching the Dimas training vid I've wanted a 200kg front squat, bloke moved that weight like it was a "light weight". I've never lifted with a belt though, wonder whether it would hinder me or help me. Guess I'll never know.
Old 09-22-2009, 06:37 AM   #286
Bert Brams

Profile:

Quote:
Nice mate, very nice indeed. Snce watching the Dimas training vid I've wanted a 200kg front squat, bloke moved that weight like it was a "light weight". I've never lifted with a belt though, wonder whether it would hinder me or help me. Guess I'll never know.
If it's a power belt(like this one http://www.tangosports.com/power%20belt/power_belt.jpg WFS)it will most likely help. But does one need it? Nah.

I have stopped wearing mine except on my last deadlift set and when my back bugs me during heavy lifts.

A big front squat is something to be seriously envied ... I think it's one of those lifts you simply can't cheat(although I've seen some bodybuilder guys make a distinction between a "front squat" and a "full front squat", whatever the former may be).
Old 09-22-2009, 07:08 AM   #287
Leon Robotham

Profile:

Quote:
If it's a power belt(like this one http://www.tangosports.com/power%20belt/power_belt.jpg WFS)it will most likely help. But does one need it? Nah.

I have stopped wearing mine except on my last deadlift set and when my back bugs me during heavy lifts.

A big front squat is something to be seriously envied ... I think it's one of those lifts you simply can't cheat(although I've seen some bodybuilder guys make a distinction between a "front squat" and a "full front squat", whatever the former may be).
Yeah ive heard arguments for and against and i'm not entirely opposed to either, I just think it'd ***** me up mentally if I were to start lifting with a belt now when Ive never used one. I think i'd over think everything and i'd be focussing heavily on expanding against the belt. not sure that makes any sense

Bodybuilders are weird dude
Old 09-22-2009, 07:54 AM   #288
Bert Brams

Profile:

Quote:
Yeah ive heard arguments for and against and i'm not entirely opposed to either, I just think it'd ***** me up mentally if I were to start lifting with a belt now when Ive never used one. I think i'd over think everything and i'd be focussing heavily on expanding against the belt. not sure that makes any sense

Bodybuilders are weird dude
Yeah that makes sense, because I do that

Bodybuilders make me feel somewhat nauseous ... at least the "intermediate" kind(you know - the ones who look like they train a little and have conquered some insecurities that now allow them to do stupid and obnoxious crap all over the gym ). The beginners are usually too insecure to stand out and the advanced ones are most often indifferent to what everyone thinks about their exercise selection(as long as they're huge).

The best part about bodybuilders is that most believe that they are superior athletes in every way. Because, the basic truth is: bigger muscles and lat syndrome = stronger and fitter, right? Who gives a damn if it comes from leg extensions and cable crossovers.

That little incongruence there has offered my friends and me many, many laughs every time we trained at a typical gym when seeing some try to duplicate "the good stuff"

Last edited by Bert Brams; 09-22-2009 at 07:56 AM..
Old 09-22-2009, 10:09 AM   #289
Bert Brams

Profile:

Tuesday @ SL's

Mobility circuit

Rehab for shoulder, wrist, ankle

Foam Rolling

Running stuff

Some POSE drills, pogo jumps, very mild hill running

Comment: This was a recovery day ... I was thinking of doing 10 x fast uphill walks with a 40-50kg sandbag on my shoulders but decided this wasn't the smartest course of action at the moment. Did some recovery and live to train another day.
Old 09-22-2009, 10:29 AM   #290
Jesse Emers

Profile:

Bert I just did your challenge and it was hard as hell. Thanks.