CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout of the Day
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout of the Day Questions & performance regarding CrossFit's WOD

Old 03-20-2005, 10:27 AM   #1
John Frazer

Profile:
One of the things I find interesting about CF is that the impact of a workout can be so unexpected.

For instance, I just did the Feb. 21 WOD -- 5 cycles of row 500/run 400. I would have expected the runs to become much slower and more painful, and my rowing speed to deteriorate progressively. I was only half right; the runs did become awful, but my rowing pace actually got better.

Similarly, on the one "Linda" I've completed (not as prescribed; I scaled back to my bench press capability but kept all the weights in the same proportion to one another), I was extremely surprised to find it was the deadlifts that really wiped me out.

What WODs have you found most surprising, and why?

Old 03-21-2005, 04:02 PM   #2
James R. Climer

Profile:
most of the benchmarks look like a cake walk on paper, but kick my whining arse royally.

Barbara brings me closer to puking than any of the others, and I can't figure out why 4 common calesthenics that I have been doing since Jack Lalanne was still on TV every day can hit me so much harder than the rest.